Posted to rec.audio.pro
text_edifice text_edifice is offline

Default Orband 245f Fuse

Hi,

I scored an Orban 245f for peanuts recently but the unit came sans-
fuse / fuse housing (described as not-working by the guy I bought it
off but not entirely sure this wasn't just because he hadn't bothered
to replace the fuse). Have downloaded the manual but am not sure how
to determine what fuse the unit uses. Can anyone suggest what fuse
the unit requires?

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

text_edifice wrote:

I scored an Orban 245f for peanuts recently but the unit came sans-
fuse / fuse housing

Have downloaded the manual but am not sure how
to determine what fuse the unit uses.

The manual doesn't say? If you have a link to the manual on line I'll
take a look at it. Or you could always call Orban. They're still very
much in business. Can you figure out how to replace the fuseholder?

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

text_edifice wrote:

I scored an Orban 245f for peanuts recently but the unit came sans-
fuse / fuse housing (described as not-working by the guy I bought it
off but not entirely sure this wasn't just because he hadn't bothered
to replace the fuse). Have downloaded the manual but am not sure how
to determine what fuse the unit uses. Can anyone suggest what fuse
the unit requires?

The manual should have both a parts list and a schematic. One of these
will list the fuse type. As I recall it is a 3AG-sized fuse.

Note that Orban once had a run of bad power transformers which tended to
short primary-to-core. Check the primary resistance before you put a new
fuse in.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Robert Orban" wrote ...
Scott Dorsey wrote ...
text_edifice wrote:
I scored an Orban 245f for peanuts recently but the unit came sans-
fuse / fuse housing (described as not-working by the guy I bought it
off but not entirely sure this wasn't just because he hadn't bothered
to replace the fuse). Have downloaded the manual but am not sure how
to determine what fuse the unit uses. Can anyone suggest what fuse
the unit requires?

The manual should have both a parts list and a schematic. One of these
will list the fuse type. As I recall it is a 3AG-sized fuse.

According to the manual (page 20), the fuse is a 3AG 1.8 amp slo-blo.

Bob Orban

Information doesn't get more official or authoritative than that!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:28:03 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

According to the manual (page 20), the fuse is a 3AG 1.8 amp slo-blo.

Bob Orban

Information doesn't get more official or authoritative than that!

"From God's mouth to your ear" indeed. I'm regularly re-impressed
by the quality of folks who post here, including your good self.

Some good things haven't yet been lost to modern Barbarians.
Constant vigilance! here of course.

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck
Posted to rec.audio.pro
text_edifice text_edifice is offline

Thanks so much Bob

I'm really not much good when it comes to the electronics side of
things and scanned through the manual but missed the fuse number.

Thanks again.

Need a Fuse theo Tech 6 May 18th 08 02:50 AM
Fuse Mister.Lull Car Audio 2 May 17th 05 01:13 AM
Do I really need a fuse? notreal Car Audio 5 May 26th 04 09:02 PM
15 amp fuse with 20 w fuse for wire? Spockie Car Audio 18 May 18th 04 07:44 AM
100 amp fuse rokman Car Audio 2 July 6th 03 04:44 PM