Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default realtime audio cd burning

geoff wrote:

hank alrich wrote:
geoff wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio CD recorders
are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and it still works, even
with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not in the case I described. The disc is recorded while the show's
going on, and finalized well before I have the SR system loaded-out.

But if you loaded out at 4 x realtime, then you could be finished and away
before the act has even finished playing,

Is it safe to smoke that stuff down under? g

and have their CDs duplicated and
printed for them to present at their finale.

If I tried to load out at 4x, I'd never finish!

"Where's Hank??"

"Just of stage right; he's paralyzed!!"

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

hank alrich wrote:

If I tried to load out at 4x, I'd never finish!

I think I have worked with some Teamsters like that.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Riiiiiight ! So something live in realtime cannot be "pretty much stuck at
burning at 1X". It is ABSOLUTELY stuck at 1 x !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:34:50 +1300, "geoff"
wrote:

But if you loaded out at 4 x realtime, then you could be finished and away
before the act has even finished playing, and have their CDs duplicated and
printed for them to present at their finale.

Here in the States, the required pharmaceuticals are illegal, and,
what's even worse, unavailable, these days. Probably just as well -
they'd flat-out KILL the old guys responding to your challenge.

Best to let these ancient geezers just amble along at their own
(however decrepit...) paces. Please try to not stare and point, and
especially to not yell discouraging things about the future of
Social Security.

Modern methods of Time Dilation would just be beyond their
(necessarily - but what *can* you do?) limited mind-set. Oh, well.
Best to just be kind, and to not mention, well, "you know what".

Much thanks, as always,
Chris Hornbeck

Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Riiiiiight ! So something live in realtime cannot be "pretty much stuck at
burning at 1X". It is ABSOLUTELY stuck at 1 x !

I have a pianist who can play much faster than realtime. She can do the
minute waltz in 40 seconds flat.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

geoff wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Riiiiiight ! So something live in realtime cannot be "pretty much stuck at
burning at 1X". It is ABSOLUTELY stuck at 1 x !

I have a pianist who can play much faster than realtime. She can do the
minute waltz in 40 seconds flat.

So the piano is out of tune, eh?

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Riiiiiight ! So something live in realtime cannot be "pretty much
stuck at burning at 1X". It is ABSOLUTELY stuck at 1 x !

I have a pianist who can play much faster than realtime. She can do
the minute waltz in 40 seconds flat.
--scott

Jeepers, the waltzers would all be tripping.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik Ron Capik is offline

geoff wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

The point is that those of us who use stand-alone audio
CD recorders are pretty much stuck at burning at 1X, and
it still works, even with common high speed media.

However burning at 2 x realtime gets you home quicker.

Not if you're recording something that is live in real time.

Riiiiiight ! So something live in realtime cannot be "pretty much
stuck at burning at 1X". It is ABSOLUTELY stuck at 1 x !

I have a pianist who can play much faster than realtime. She can do
the minute waltz in 40 seconds flat.
--scott

Jeepers, the waltzers would all be tripping.

geoff

Like cool! I'll smoke to that.

Later...

Ron Capik

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

geoff wrote:

But if you loaded out at 4 x realtime, then you could be finished and away
before the act has even finished playing

You don't want to know how many times I've wanted to do just that. g

me he
)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

geoff wrote:

But if you loaded out at 4 x realtime, then you could be
finished and away before the act has even finished
playing

You don't want to know how many times I've wanted to do
just that. g

Letsee - I'm working a state choir festival that runs from 8 am to 9 pm. 5
groups an hour with two breaks. That's 13 hours elapsed time. I run my CD
recorder at 4X, and I'm out of there by noon!