Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blxxmtivfkuv@yahoo.com is offline

Default Perfect Bands - The Who, The Beatles, And DEVO?

Because of a TV show I saw last night I'm in the mood to write about
what I consider to be basically perfect bands. That means almost every
song on every album sounds good. Today I've chosen The Who The Beatles
and DEVO, and yes, I know Queen, Rush and Sabbath should be on the
list, but let's try just 3 at a time. And most of this piece is going
to be about the Who anyway.
I'm not a rock historian. Just a guy. But I'm from Chicago, and this
city is a Rock Town. I mean, it's so MANY things musically: Blues,
House, Jazz even. But when you turn on the radio you'd be surprised at
how much "classic rock" is still on the radio. I sure as hell was when
I came back a couple of years ago. And I like it. I went through years
when I just couldn't take standard rock, but I can appreciate it again
now. And more importantly some music in that genre I've never stopped
liking. My age is scary to me. How old I've gotten and my own
mortality, plus I don't have a wife and family yet, BUT I' am so
extremely happy about being around for the music; I;ve been alive to
experience some of the best music ever. Being alive from the late 60's
to the present is just a fantastic time to have lived-musically
speaking....