Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] tbuckelew@excite.com is offline

Default Car Stero System for a Jeep 2000 Grand Cherokee

Hi,
I'm looking to install a complete stereo system in my jeep (e.g. CD
deck, 4 door speakers, sub woofer and amp. Can anyone recommend a
manufacturer for the complete system? I was looking at the Xplod line
but most people are hammering it. I'm looging for good sound and
realibility.
Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40 KU40 is offline

the thing is, few manufacturers make everything in a complete system
well. But Alpine, Eclipse, and Rockford Fosgate make all the
components needed (most often, head units are the thing most
manufacturers lack), but you'll most likely pay a little more. they'll
certainly be more expensive than the Xplode line, but if it were me, I
wouldn't skimp out.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
almond almond is offline

my opinion eclipse would be great for and entire set up. but depending
on what your looking for i would go with different companies.

--
almond
Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

If you want the Head Unit, Speakers, Subwoofer(s), and Amplifier(s) to
all be the same brand, I guess I would suggest Kenwood. Their stuff is
reliable with good (if not great) sound all the way around.

However, I would say (and I think most would agree) that you can
probably do a lot better by mixing brands. Personally, I have two JBL
amplifiers, a JBL sub, Polk Audio and Clarion Mid-range speakers, and a
Panasonic amp; and I LOVE my setup!!

Why commit yourself to one brand of everything?

~Mister.Lull
wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking to install a complete stereo system in my jeep (e.g. CD
deck, 4 door speakers, sub woofer and amp. Can anyone recommend a
manufacturer for the complete system? I was looking at the Xplod line
but most people are hammering it. I'm looging for good sound and
realibility.
Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

probably do a lot better by mixing brands. Personally, I have two JBL
amplifiers, a JBL sub, Polk Audio and Clarion Mid-range speakers, and a
Panasonic amp; and I LOVE my setup!!

Why commit yourself to one brand of everything?

~Mister.Lull

I COMPLETELY agree.

Some brands just do some things better than others. For instance, when I
was shopping for my last HU (head unit), Sony was definitely a brand I was
considering. They make great decks. But I have NEVER heard a set of Sony
speakers that compared to the likes of JL, MB Quart, Dynaudio, Focal,
Infinity, etc. In fact, traditionally Japanese speakers have, well, frankly
sucked (but I know this has changed in the last several years). But
Japanese ELECTRONICS (Alpine, Clarion, Sony, Kenwood) can not be beat.

Also, keep in mind, speakers vary from one brand to the next more than any
other component (let's face it, every HU sounds basically the same). Some
speakers are very bright, others are more laid back. Some can really pump
out the mid-bass at the expensive of upper midrange clarity. On top of
this, the kind of music you listen to matters. Some speakers sound best
playing hard-rock or bass heavy material, while others sound best playing
jazz and classical.

The point of all this is that the choice of speakers is a VERY personal
decision. It is always best if you can take a bunch of your CD's and listen
to a number of brands and determine what sounds best TO YOU, because, again,
you and I may not agree on what "the best sound" is.

So for these reasons and others I haven't even got into, it is ALMOST ALWAYS
best to choose from a variety of brands.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Wait a sec..... I'm confused.

You are no longer Mr. Lull? You are now THE Lull? For a minute there I
thought we were being inundated by the Lull family.

I don't know, the name Mister Lull just had a certain touch of class about
it (in fact, I have thought of changing my handle to Mr. MOSFET). It's
going to be tough getting used to THE Lull.

MOSFET

"The Lull" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oops, I mean I have a Panasonic Head Unit...
However, I would say (and I think most would agree) that you can
probably do a lot better by mixing brands. Personally, I have two JBL
amplifiers, a JBL sub, Polk Audio and Clarion Mid-range speakers, and a
Panasonic amp; and I LOVE my setup!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

Sorry to throw you for a loop... :-)

Just changing things up a bit, having fun with a name that can be a
noun or a verb...
You can still call me Mr. Lull if you like...
It just struck me that it might not be such a great idea to go about
advertising my name, vehicle, what I rock, etc... This just seemed
slightly more anonymous.

~The Lull
MOSFET wrote:
Wait a sec..... I'm confused.

You are no longer Mr. Lull? You are now THE Lull? For a minute there I
thought we were being inundated by the Lull family.

I don't know, the name Mister Lull just had a certain touch of class about
it (in fact, I have thought of changing my handle to Mr. MOSFET). It's
going to be tough getting used to THE Lull.

MOSFET

"The Lull" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oops, I mean I have a Panasonic Head Unit...
However, I would say (and I think most would agree) that you can
probably do a lot better by mixing brands. Personally, I have two JBL
amplifiers, a JBL sub, Polk Audio and Clarion Mid-range speakers, and a
Panasonic amp; and I LOVE my setup!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] tbuckelew@excite.com is offline

All,
Thanks for your input. I stopped at Best Buy and they offered the
following config. If anyone has any input or advice let met know.
Thanks

Alpine CDE-9852 In dash receiver
Alpine SPS-69C3 Front speakers x2
Alpine SPS-17C2 Rear speakers x2
Alpine SWR-1042 10" subwoofer x2
Rockford P250.2 Amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandon Buckner Brandon Buckner is offline

I guess something that should be asked first is if you have the Infinity
sound system or not and if Best Buy took that into mind when coming up
with a system? I've got a 2000 JGC Limited with the Infinity system and
you either need to use an adapter to work WITH the factory amp for the
regular speakers, or bypass the amp entirely and use one of your own.

You may also be very surprised with the factory speakers, particularly
if they are the Infinity speakers. They sound terrific with the stock
speakers even on an aftermarket amp, so you may not even need to spend
the money on different speakers.

Otherwise as far as the equipment you've listed, it should be fine, but
I've always felt that Best Buy charges a bit much for their Rockford
amps for what they do. You can probably find a better deal elsewhere.
I've also heard a ton of horror stories about their installers, but
then, that will always vary from store to store.

Brandonb

wrote:
All,
Thanks for your input. I stopped at Best Buy and they offered the
following config. If anyone has any input or advice let met know.
Thanks

Alpine CDE-9852 In dash receiver
Alpine SPS-69C3 Front speakers x2
Alpine SPS-17C2 Rear speakers x2
Alpine SWR-1042 10" subwoofer x2
Rockford P250.2 Amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] tbuckelew@excite.com is offline

Thanks Brandon,
I have a Larado so it has the crap system with a radio/tape unit. And
yes the Rockford amp is priced $65.00 more that internet sellers. Other
wise the rest of the pieces are priced competitively.
Thanks,
Tom

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 1/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 August 9th 05 07:30 AM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM