Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
rumble

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

thanks

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Jim Carr

"rumble" wrote in message
ups.com...
can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

Ever hear of Google?

http://www.vintageaudiomanuals.com/-XYZ-.htm

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Zigakly

can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

I'll summarize for you:

It's not worth summarizing.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Powell

"rumble" wrote

can anyone tell me where to find specs or
an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO
POWER AMP (M-50)

1984 Yamaha M-50: 120 W/ch, 0.01% THD,
S/N 122 dB. MSRP $650.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Mike Rieves

"rumble" wrote in message
ups.com...
can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

thanks

Yamaha is decent sound reinforcement stuff, amp power is usually
underrated, they put out more than the specs say, but it isn't studio
quality, if that's what you're looking for. .

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Mark D. Zacharias

Mike Rieves wrote:
"rumble" wrote in message
ups.com...
can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

thanks

Yamaha is decent sound reinforcement stuff, amp power is usually
underrated, they put out more than the specs say, but it isn't studio
quality, if that's what you're looking for. .

OK, I'll bite. Just what exactly makes a stereo amp of "studio quality"
better than an otherwise excellent stereo amp?

I would concede the Yamaha consumer power amp is not "professional" in terms
of ruggedness etc, also in studio applications I can see that balanced
inputs might be necessary, but for the purpose of reproducing stereo sound,
as opposed to reinforcing it, I cannot think of any qualities that would
make a "studio" amp preferable in terms of sound quality.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
David Nebenzahl

Mark D. Zacharias spake thus:

Mike Rieves wrote:

"rumble" wrote in message
roups.com...

can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

Yamaha is decent sound reinforcement stuff, amp power is usually
underrated, they put out more than the specs say, but it isn't studio
quality, if that's what you're looking for. .

OK, I'll bite. Just what exactly makes a stereo amp of "studio quality"
better than an otherwise excellent stereo amp?

I would concede the Yamaha consumer power amp is not "professional" in terms
of ruggedness etc, also in studio applications I can see that balanced
inputs might be necessary, but for the purpose of reproducing stereo sound,
as opposed to reinforcing it, I cannot think of any qualities that would
make a "studio" amp preferable in terms of sound quality.

Gold-plated connectors? "Digital-ready"? Rack-mounting? Power supplies
that can supply 1000% of the maximum overload current?

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:43:04 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Gold-plated connectors? "Digital-ready"? Rack-mounting? Power supplies
that can supply 1000% of the maximum overload current?

gold-plated connectors which wear off on the twenties reconnection;
I'd rather have nickel if I was reconnecting them a lot.

digital ready? BFD: that's a phrase slapped on everything down
to crappy sony headphones over the last 25 years.

rack mounting? OK. 1 difference.

PS that can handle 10x their overload current? I'd rather have an amp
that didn't blow out it's output stages in a heartbeat.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
David Nebenzahl

AZ Nomad spake thus:

On Tue, 23 May 2006 12:43:04 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Gold-plated connectors? "Digital-ready"? Rack-mounting? Power supplies
that can supply 1000% of the maximum overload current?

gold-plated connectors which wear off on the twenties reconnection;
I'd rather have nickel if I was reconnecting them a lot.

digital ready? BFD: that's a phrase slapped on everything down
to crappy sony headphones over the last 25 years.

rack mounting? OK. 1 difference.

PS that can handle 10x their overload current? I'd rather have an amp
that didn't blow out it's output stages in a heartbeat.

I was being sarcastic, if you didn't catch that.

D "I don't use smileys" N

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this
thing might someday actually be used as a serious reference source.
Because in its current form, it's not to be taken seriously at all.

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Dr. Dolittle

I once powered a set of 15" 3-way speakers from a battery powered Sony
walkman (headphone out). At (very) low volume, sounded the same as usual.