Default Playing audio/video directly from computer through stereo/video system via WiFi

Hello,

I am seeking a way to play audio and, if possible, video directly from
computer through stereo/video system via WiFi. While there are "media
routers" out there, they insist on being controlled via remote and TV
and do not support streaming services like Real Rhapsody or Cinema Now.
What I am seeking is something like a WiFi sound card. Any ideas?

Thanks, Leo.

Kai Howells

As I've mentioned in a similar thread recently, the Apple AirPort
Express seems to do the audio part of what you want. Getting a unit to
do video will be quite a bit more expensive and the AirPort Express
doesn't do video.

As for audio, however, it's great. It works with PC and Mac and all you
do is load your music into iTunes and then play it back, selecting to
play through the AirPort, rather than the computer's speakers - it
couldn't be easier... It's WiFi (802.11g - 54Mbs) and it's tiny. It's
got analogue and digital optical outs and the sound quality is great.

Cheers,
Kai