Default Left side audio problems in an '01 Mustang

Ok, this is a really weird story, so bear with me, and I appreciate any
help anyone can offer...

Several years ago, I self-installed an appx 1000w amp and a 12" Xplod
series sub, which was all great and dandy. The head unit was stock and
had no RCA outputs, so I had to snip the wire from one of my rear
speakers to get a signal.

The problem I ran into was that periodically (actually, most of the
time), my left-side speakers did not work at all. Until I turned on the
A/C (sometimes), and then they would come back on full force. I have
since removed everything but the stock system, and as far as I know, I
have clean wire splices where they were made.

My first thought was the wiring, but like I said, it all appears clean,
then the fuses, but all appear fine. Any ideas???

Thanks again,
J Fitz