Susandiane311

Default Random Play On DVD Players

I recently purchased a Onkyo DV-CP701 dvd player, mostly to use for
audio cds.
Previously I had a Yamaha CD player which had the random play feature.
With the
Yahama player, you only heard a track once and when all the tracks had
been played, the unit would stop playing. But on this Onkyo, the same
songs may be repeated before all the songs have been played. This is
very irritating, to say the least. In fact, it takes too long to play
all the tracks.

I researched (online) several dvd players before selecting the Onkyo.
The manuals don't specify that the type of random play available on
these dvd players. This information seems to be difficult to find.

Does anyone know if Yamaha makes a decent dvd/cd player that includes
random play that doesn't repeat the same songs and plays all the
tracks on the cds once? Or is there another brand that addresses my
needs? My price range would be $150 - $400.