O_Zean

Default monitoring and recording microphone at the same time with the maduio audiophile

monitoring and recording microphone at the same time with the maduio
audiophile

Hi

bought a audiophile and a berhinger Ub mixer (802) which has 2 stereo
end 2 mono inputs.

Lets say I wanna record somehing in soundforge or whatever. I want to
sing something with my xlr microphone and at the same time listen to
the background music I am singing on. The music is coming out of the
audiophile's output (just a simple mp3). How can i record my
microphone stuff without recording the backrgound music (mp3) as
well?

i messed around with the maudio'mixer but I no succes.

thanks
Raymond

(O_Zean) wrote
How can i record my
microphone stuff without recording the backrgound music (mp3) as
well?

I'm not sure if I know what (or why) you thinking here or not but if you want
to sing with background and only record your voice, use a CD player connected
to the mixer in a difrent channel(s) than your singing mic and send (via a mono
buss) only your mic to the recording unit.
ip

You are in luck! The UB series has an AUX send that you can use as a
direct out.

First plug the soundcard outputs into the FX return jacks. Since you
don't want to record this audio, using the FX returns ensures it
cannot be recorded as well as eliminating the chance for feedback.
While the song is playing, turn up the FX return knob slowly so you
can hear the song in your cans (headphones).

Plug your mic into channel 1. Turn the gain knob up and set the fader
to unity (zero). Turn down the headphone output if it is too loud in
your cans. Do not use the fader to turn down the mic, since it will
be feeding the recorder.

Now turn up the AUX send knob on Channel 1 to around zero (12 O'clock
on the 802). Plug a cable from the AUX send jack to the record input
on your card. You should see the meters jump in your recording
application when you sing into the mic.

Record Arm the track in your recording app and hit record.

Your will need to tweak the levels a bit for your equipment, but this
should get you headed in the right direction.

Good luck!

Inflatble Pig Mobile Studio
26 Track Live Digital Recording