Frequency curve (response) good disco-sound system...

Old August 26th 04, 07:35 AM
foler

Default Frequency curve (response) good disco-sound system...

How look this curve? On wish frequency is peak? I have all hardware and
software for tuning, but I don't have vision how curve must look. Yes, my
hear is god, but any your experience is good for me and tuning eq.

thanks

Old September 2nd 04, 07:57 PM
Peter Larsen

foler wrote:

> How look this curve? On wish frequency is peak?

A loudspeaker system for sound reproduction should not have a peaky
response, you do not need to "make" the disco sound, it is "made"
already on the material you play back.

> I have all hardware and software for tuning, but I don't have
> vision how curve must look.

It is not at all simple to suggest a target EQ curve for a system in an
undefined room. If you want to use a "measure" approach, then you should
set the system up and measure it with no eq applied and then assume that
the loudspeakers are well designed and simply even out irregularities on
the response curve while maintaining its general characteristics.

A system in a small room should be 6 dB down at 16 kHz compared to the
level at 200 Hz, and have no peaks above that line, dips below it are
less of an issue. A system in a large room should perhaps have as much
as a 3 dB pr. octave rolloff above 1 kHz to sound balanced. A
loudspeaker system should generally hardly ever be linear on pink noise,
the only possible exception that comes to mind is nearfield monitors in
studio control room acoustics. It is plain not possible to predict what
will sound right for your system in your room, the only general advice
is that peaks should be reduced.

> Yes, my hear is god,

Fine, take care to preserve that fine sense of hearing.

> but any your experience is good for me and tuning eq.

Try with the equalizer bypassed, it may be that the overall most
pleasing sound is obtained by having less electronics active.

> thanks

Kind regards

Peter Larsen