Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

Old October 14th 18, 12:16 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

John Williamson wrote: "Says the guy who spends a heck of a lot of time typing here about stuff
he knows nothing about...

--
Tciao for Now!

John. "

Both you and geoff are pretty presumptious to
ASSume what I "know nothing" about. Neither
one of you knows a damn THING about what I
know.
Old October 14th 18, 12:44 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

Dumb **** Theckma, the village retard, puke up in message

> Both you and geoff are pretty presumptious to
> ASSume what I "know nothing" about. Neither
> one of you knows a damn THING about what I
> know.

You've made a huge public display of what you know nothing about, ****-head.
Everyone that's seen your feeble fecal posts knows what a ****ing idiot you
are.

Old October 14th 18, 07:14 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "
Everybody here is fully aware of your level of understanding wrt audio
topics, as you have amply and repeatedly demonstrated.

One can't help but presume that this would likely be a similar situation
wrt TV calibration.

Did you understand the connotation of 'Vivid' and it's equivalent in
audio processing , and the significance of the following smiley ?
Presumably not ...

geoff "

I don't need to demonstrate my knowledge of video calibration -
or of audio - to any member of this good ol' boys club also known
as 'rec.audio.pro'.

If you are suggesting in your latter paragraph sarcasm, it was not
taken that way, and was thus a flop - like a pancake - from the pan
right onto the kitchen floor.
Old October 14th 18, 01:58 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

Crybaby theckmah whined in message
> don't need to demonstrate my knowledge of video calibration -
> or of audio -

As you have conclusively proven, over and over and over again, you have no
knowledge of video or audio.

Crybaby dumb ****.

Old October 14th 18, 09:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
sTeeVee

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 3:06:28 PM UTC-4, James Price wrote:
> I think there's a presumption by many that the more expensive
> a monitor is, the more honest and neutral it is. In your opinion,
> is that true?
>
> As an aside, I assume more neutral doesn't equate to more
> pleasing, as honesty isn't necessarily flattering.

You bring up a great point, and there is an implied [but unspoken] point as well, which is the entire acoustical environment, what works best with *your* ears, what translates best, what prevents listener fatigue over a protracted mixing session, and what acoustical treatment you have given to your listening space and how precise is it? I'm afraid this is an eternal discussion. Just make sure that when you send the finished master file over to the [fill in the blank: major label; independent label; streaming service; download service, etc etc] that what the listener hears is exactly what you meant. Cheers!

SG
Old October 14th 18, 11:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_]

On 10/14/2018 4:10 PM, sTeeVee wrote:
> On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 3:06:28 PM UTC-4, James Price wrote:
>> I think there's a presumption by many that the more expensive
>> a monitor is, the more honest and neutral it is. In your opinion,
>> is that true?
>>
>> As an aside, I assume more neutral doesn't equate to more
>> pleasing, as honesty isn't necessarily flattering.

> You bring up a great point, and there is an implied [but unspoken] point as well, which is the entire acoustical environment, what works best with *your* ears, what translates best, what prevents listener fatigue over a protracted mixing session, and what acoustical treatment you have given to your listening space and how precise is it? I'm afraid this is an eternal discussion. Just make sure that when you send the finished master file over to the [fill in the blank: major label; independent label; streaming service; download service, etc etc] that what the listener hears is exactly what you meant. Cheers!
>
> SG

Every variable that you mentioned regarding the acoustical environment,
plus a few that weren't mentioned such as air pressure and humidity,
also applies to the listener's environment (and audio system) and
guarantees that one has no idea whether what the listener hears is what
one intended.

--
best regards,

Neil