Michael Lanchester

Default Install in 2003 Honda CR-V

I have the same model.

The site www.hondasuv.com is excellent. The CRV forum Wired-CRV is
excellent.
www.the12volt.com is also good for wire colour codes:

To install the headunit:

1. Check you have the codes for the existing radio.
2. Remove the negative terminal from the battery
3. Undo the two screws below the vents and and hazard light button.
4. Pull the panel outward from the bottom first. Be carefully not to break
the clips. It takes a fair amount of force but still take it easy.
5. Remove the existing cd/radio (6 screws total).
6. Unplug the harness in the back.
7. Goto www.the12volt.com and look up the wiring harness colour codes.
You'll need to do a search through the postings as the database only refers
to the 99 CRV model.
7a. An alternative to step 8 onward is buy a pre-made harness.
8. Buy some of the really small male spade connectors (to insert into the
female harness in the car). Crimp them on the end of the head unit cables.
9. Insert the appropriate spades into the matching harness connections.
Make sure there is good friction so they don't come out.
10. Double check the connections and colour codes.
11. Triple check the connections and colour codes. (if you stuff this up do
not blame me!)
12. With electrical tape, tape up the connectors and harness to ensure that
they cannot come out.
13. Connect the -ve terminal and test the radio.
14. If all ok Disconnect -ve terminal and connect the mounting brackets and
surround.
15. Re program the auto window. Wind the drivers window all the way up and
all the way down. Hold the button for a couple of seconds at the top and
bottom of the window travel.
16. Enjoy!

Good luck

ML

"Glen McGregor" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know where I could find instructions for a basic audio installation
in a 2002 or 2003 Honda CR-V?

I'm putting in an aftermarket CD/MP3 player in a newly-leased model. I

used
a guide from the installdr the last time on my 1999 CR-V, and it was quite
painless, but they don't have any CR-V guides after '99.

Being I'm a newbie, I'm a bit worried about trying this blind on a new
vehicle, which I'm picking up this week. The wiring should be no

problems,
but I'm a bit baffled about how which dash panels off and in which order.
The CR-V was redesigned in 2002 and the stereo moved close to the top of

the
dash. From the pictures, it looks like the top dash panel has to be

removed.

Also, anyone know if the conversion kit I used for the 99 would work in

the
03?

Help?

Glen McGregor

Thanks for the links.

By following a link on hondasuv, I found a great link that descibes how to
remove the head. Exactly what I was looking for...

http://handaaccessories.com/crv/02CRVSUB.pdf

Masterson

Hey Glen...

want to sell the honda radio to me?

2002 or 2003 Honda CR-V?

DJ 2004 - 2003 te General 0 April 3rd 04 07:03 AM
Honda Accord 89 Stereo Installation M R F Jewel Car Audio 1 July 23rd 03 07:32 PM
Install door speakers in 93 Eclipse? Chris Car Audio 1 July 22nd 03 10:53 PM
FS: Alpine KTE-270D 2 din install kit / Honda / Acura Ethan Car Audio 0 July 8th 03 07:48 AM
FS : Brand New 2003 Creek OBH-21SE amplifier - authorized dealer RB General 0 July 7th 03 07:05 PM