MINe 109

Default OT Last battle for France?

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."
Clyde Slick

"MINe 109" wrote in message
http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.
its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,
the whole place can whither and die. Serves 'em right if they do.
Love and understandiing of the riotous French Muslim youth
is, of course the right way. You should invite
five of them to your house and wine, dine and entertain them
for six months.

MINe 109

In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
[...]

Read the whole article.

Stephen
Lionel

MINe 109 a écrit :
In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

He cannot, too much words... ;-)
Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.

If only the real *intifada* had killed so few people and children, you
môron.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.
its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,

In 2004 the exchange balance between France and USA is positive.
this means that France has exported more to USA than purchased to USA.
Despite US dollar artificial weakness... IMHO it's a good performance
don't you think so ? ;-)

the whole place can whither and die. Serves 'em right if they do.
Love and understandiing of the riotous French Muslim youth
is, of course the right way. You should invite
five of them to your house and wine, dine and entertain them
for six months.

More racist and xenophobic blah, blah, blah from Sackman.
Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :

its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,

Oooops according to FMI stats France is the 4th mondial exporter :
1. USA
2. Germany
3. UK
4. France
5. China
6. Japon
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.

If only the real *intifada* had killed so few people and children, you
môron.

It's only the tenth day, dummy.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

France is one of the very few foreign countries I despise.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :

its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,

Oooops according to FMI stats France is the 4th mondial exporter :
1. USA
2. Germany
3. UK
4. France
5. China
6. Japon

Idiot, I was responding to your post in which
YOU LAMENTED your economic progress.
I was only commisierating with your desire
to have your own France wallow near the bottom.
Learn to read and speak English, if you want to continue your
dialogue here.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.

If only the real *intifada* had killed so few people and children, you
môron.

It's only the tenth day, dummy.

I'm afraid that you will have it in the ass... As usual. ;-)
Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

Good, it's an honor for my country.
But please continue to contribute to the success of our national air
company. It's a pleasure to take your money, Sackman, it's a pleasure to
overcharge you a miserable bottle of water.
I would prefer that you avoid to soil and to pollute our national ground
but your money is still very welcome. :-)
Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :

if you want to continue your
dialogue here.

LOL !
ScottW

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.
its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,

In 2004 the exchange balance between France and USA is positive.
this means that France has exported more to USA than purchased to USA.

So French people can't afford to buy US products.
You think that's a good thing?

ScottW

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

That's exactly why Americans don't like you.

I would prefer that you avoid to soil and to pollute our national ground
but your money is still very welcome. :-)

I hoped your wife used the available Port-A-Johns today.

Lionel

ScottW a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

http://www.eurotrib.com/story/2005/11/6/62039/9755

"What is not happening is any 'intifada'; France is not burning; I still
doubt that its integration model is failing ; what is clearly not
tolerable anymore is how an underclass (not necessarily only the
immigrants, but where they are clearly over represented, and definitely
young and undereducated) has been sacrificed and abandoned in the
country's (real and mostly successful) efforts to adapt to increasing
international competition. They must be brought back into the fold, and
toughness is not the way."

it is an intifada.
its ok for France to not adapt to increaing international competition,

In 2004 the exchange balance between France and USA is positive.
this means that France has exported more to USA than purchased to USA.

So French people can't afford to buy US products.

No that's mean that we have cleverly find better sources. :-)

You think that's a good thing?

Yes it's always interesting to find the same quality at a better price.
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message

I would prefer that you avoid to soil and to pollute our national ground
but your money is still very welcome. :-)

You never know, I might start a riot.
If I were forced to live in France, with not viable
menas of leaving, I would riot also.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"Lionel" wrote in message
.. .

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

50% aren't all the Americans. remember that you are speaking in the name
of the moronic party only. ;-)
Note that this is exactly why we enjoy to catch *your* money

I would prefer that you avoid to soil and to pollute our national ground
but your money is still very welcome. :-)

I hoped your wife used the available Port-A-Johns today.

I don't know what you are speaking about.
She was very happy to have reached her sportive objective.
and she says that New-Yorker were very kind and friendly and that it was
a great organization. In one word she enjoy her sojourn.

This confirms that moronic xenophobic *******s like you are thanfully
just a small minority.
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote in message

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

Their purchasing power is about 60% of ours, and US goods
are more expensive there than they are here.
It is one of the costs of subsidized socialism

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

I would prefer that you avoid to soil and to pollute our national ground
but your money is still very welcome. :-)

You never know, I might start a riot.
If I were forced to live in France, with not viable
menas of leaving, I would riot also.

You a riot ?
LOL !!!! The shy little weak oldster is preparing a riot... :-)
Where would you find the courage to get out of your bunker, eh coward ?
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message

I hoped your wife used the available Port-A-Johns today.

I don't know what you are speaking about.

Portable rest room facility.

She was very happy to have reached her sportive objective.
and she says that New-Yorker were very kind and friendly and that it was a
great organization. In one word she enjoy her sojourn.

Good.
I hope she did not pay too much for bottled water.

This confirms that moronic xenophobic *******s like you are thanfully just
a small minority.

The majority of us are much more
hospitable than the majority of rude and arrogant French ingrates are
to their American visitors.

ScottW

"Lionel" wrote in message
ScottW a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

Is that why French people are drinking more Ca. wine?

You think that's a good thing?

Yes it's always interesting to find the same quality at a better price.

Careful, that dangerously close to borg speak. George will be PO'd

ScottW

Lionel

"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

That's true USA are at the level of Switzerland just behind Norway and
Luxembourg.
Note that this is the only of the podium to have so much very poor people.

and US goods
are more expensive there than they are here.

Transportation costs ?

It is one of the costs of subsidized socialism

Transportation costs ?
Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

I hoped your wife used the available Port-A-Johns today.

I don't know what you are speaking about.

Portable rest room facility.

She was very happy to have reached her sportive objective.
and she says that New-Yorker were very kind and friendly and that it was a
great organization. In one word she enjoy her sojourn.

Good.
I hope she did not pay too much for bottled water.

She didn't say anything about that so I think that the answer is no.
I'm also hoping that she will have the time to purchase the list of CDs
that I've given her.

This confirms that moronic xenophobic *******s like you are thanfully just
a small minority.

The majority of us are much more
hospitable than the majority of rude and arrogant French ingrates are
to their American visitors.

I don't know how you can say that since you never leaved the CDG terminal.

Lionel

ScottW a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

ScottW a écrit :

"Lionel" wrote in message
.. .

Clyde Slick a écrit :

"MINe 109" wrote in message

[...]

I guess that this is a point on which French people more open minded
than you (which is not really difficult).
CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

You think that's a good thing?

Yes it's always interesting to find the same quality at a better price.

Careful, that dangerously close to borg speak. George will be PO'd

I'm afraid that this is also the base of a good business... If George is
the skilly business man he pretends to be he can only approve this
general statement.
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :

and US goods
are more expensive there than they are here.

Transportation costs ?

yes

It is one of the costs of subsidized socialism

Transportation costs ?

no, your lack of purchasing power.

MINe 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

Here's one way Gallo improves its quality:

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10027206c.html

Stephen
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message

She didn't say anything about that so I think that the answer is no.
I'm also hoping that she will have the time to purchase the list of CDs
that I've given her.

I am surprised you can't get most every cd in France. Maybe some etnic
American music like Norteno would be difficult.
Anyway, I have had cd's shipped by www.Amazon.com shipped
direct to Europe.

This confirms that moronic xenophobic *******s like you are thanfully
just a small minority.

The majority of us are much more
hospitable than the majority of rude and arrogant French ingrates are
to their American visitors.

I don't know how you can say that since you never leaved the CDG terminal.

It has been well reported for years, and confirmed by those I know who have
visited France, most notably Paris.
CDG is bad enough, but I notice many of the surly employees are of the
ethnic
groups who are rioting. Maybe they are not so poorly integrated
into French culture as reported!

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick a écrit :

and US goods
are more expensive there than they are here.

Transportation costs ?

yes

It is one of the costs of subsidized socialism

Transportation costs ?

no, your lack of purchasing power.

The argument is weak for a lot of reasons among which we can distinguish
these 2 :
- USA is the major supplier of a lot of very poor countries.
- France major supplier is Germany. France exchange balance with Germany
is showing deficit.
IMHO US marketing failure would be a better field of investigation.

Sorry Scott you are a stupid ignorant and once again you haven't missed
the occasion to make an ass of yourself.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

She didn't say anything about that so I think that the answer is no.
I'm also hoping that she will have the time to purchase the list of CDs
that I've given her.

I am surprised you can't get most every cd in France. Maybe some etnic
American music like Norteno would be difficult.
Anyway, I have had cd's shipped by www.Amazon.com shipped
direct to Europe.

I can purchase everything I want on the internet.
I prefer to purchase my CDs in specialized boutiques.
I have the weakness to believe in the human exchanges and that a good
salesperson could be also a very good advisor. I'm ready and happy to
pay for that.
New York is reputed for its Jazz boutiques. One hour spent to share a
passion is never wasted time.

Did they also **** your wife ?

CDG is bad enough, but I notice many of the surly employees are of the
ethnic
groups who are rioting. Maybe they are not so poorly integrated
into French culture as reported!

If you want to take their place.
Clyde Slick

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Lionel wrote:

CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

Here's one way Gallo improves its quality:

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10027206c.html

Stephen

"Consumer reactions to France are ambivalent, Glasgow said. They view France
as the birthplace of wine, and remember the French paradox pointing to the
health benefits of wine.

But they also think of arrogance, rudeness and conceit, said Iain Douglas,
Gallo vice president of marketing - particularly in the cities of France.
"The French even feel that about Paris," he said."

This wine is named after Lionel's bicycle. I am sure it will be a hit here.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

She didn't say anything about that so I think that the answer is no.
I'm also hoping that she will have the time to purchase the list of CDs
that I've given her.

I am surprised you can't get most every cd in France. Maybe some etnic
American music like Norteno would be difficult.
Anyway, I have had cd's shipped by www.Amazon.com shipped
direct to Europe.

I can purchase everything I want on the internet.
I prefer to purchase my CDs in specialized boutiques.
I have the weakness to believe in the human exchanges and that a good
salesperson could be also a very good advisor. I'm ready and happy to pay
for that.
New York is reputed for its Jazz boutiques. One hour spent to share a
passion is never wasted time.

Ok, I can understaand that, but so much for your interaction with
salespeople. You gave your wife a list.You aren't even here.

It has been well reported for years, and confirmed by those I know who
have
visited France, most notably Paris.

Did they also **** your wife ?

CDG is bad enough, but I notice many of the surly employees are of the
ethnic
groups who are rioting. Maybe they are not so poorly integrated
into French culture as reported!

If you want to take their place.

no, I do not want to have to riot.

MINe 109

In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
Lionel wrote:

CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

Here's one way Gallo improves its quality:

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10027206c.html

"Consumer reactions to France are ambivalent, Glasgow said. They view France
as the birthplace of wine, and remember the French paradox pointing to the
health benefits of wine.

But they also think of arrogance, rudeness and conceit, said Iain Douglas,
Gallo vice president of marketing - particularly in the cities of France.
"The French even feel that about Paris," he said."

This wine is named after Lionel's bicycle. I am sure it will be a hit here.

The Sirah is good. But after enjoying the Bicyclette, the Red Truck and
the Ca'del Solo Big House Red, I now reject cute 'red' names, starting
with the Red Beret.

Stephen
dave weil

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:48:00 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

So French people can't afford to buy US products.

No that's mean that we have cleverly find better sources. :-)

Is that why French people are drinking more Ca. wine?

You left out one ca.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :

Ok, I can understaand that, but so much for your interaction with
salespeople. You gave your wife a list.You aren't even here.

Did you ever feel love ?
It makes me a little bit uncomfortable to be obliged to explain you how
works that kind of interaction.
Sorry I give up.
Lionel

In , MINe 109 wrote :

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

Here's one way Gallo improves its quality:

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10027206c.html

Very good example of marketing cleverness.
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :

Ok, I can understaand that, but so much for your interaction with
salespeople. You gave your wife a list.You aren't even here.

Did you ever feel love ?

Not for salespeople.

It makes me a little bit uncomfortable to be obliged to explain you how
works that kind of interaction.
Sorry I give up.

MINe 109

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

In , MINe 109 wrote :

In article ,
Lionel wrote:

CA wine is regularly improving its quality and since our major sin is
gourmandise.... ;-)

Here's one way Gallo improves its quality:

http://www.modbee.com/business/story...10027206c.html

Very good example of marketing cleverness.

Fortunately, Gallo is not uniformly clever. The first wine on this list
is a lesser Gallo marketing effort:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/prod...ne/holidays05/

The back label makes fun of people who talk like tasting notes. Too bad
those are the people who are going to sell their product.

Stephen
Ruud Broens

:
: Fortunately, Gallo is not uniformly clever. The first wine on this list
: is a lesser Gallo marketing effort:
:
: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/prod...ne/holidays05/
:
: The back label makes fun of people who talk like tasting notes. Too bad
: those are the people who are going to sell their product.
:
: Stephen

there is a commercial running in NL, something like this:

{central theme to these series of commercials for an insurance company:
whatever the trouble, insured with us, your solution is just a call away}

guy arrives at his car trunk, with a loaded shopping cart, in a parking
garage
he let's go of it momentarily, it starts rolling down a slope, camera
dramatically following the cart .. on collision course with a nice
white car, with an oldster completely unaware of the incoming cart

just in time, he sees it coming, backs up his car quite speedily,
the camera follows the cart harmlessly crashing into a wall.. pffeww

then a zoom in on the backed up car -
smashed right into the front of a ferrari

....even Apeldoorn bellen :-)

what's quite clever, there is now a competition where one can
send in a scenario to the agency producing these commercials
from which new commercials are made :-) cool.

Rudy