Clyde Slick

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...
You can't debunk ABX, you can't discredit it, without discrediting
every branch of audio research, and you can't claim it masks
differences.

Why not relax and keep buying what you want, we won't stop you.
Just keep quiet about the staggering differences between your new
Lirpa fuel cel driven SET and how much bigger the sound stage is
compared to your old Edsel cold fusion amp.

Because it may be the case.
And you don't know that iis is not.
I know there's no reason to suspect one amp may be that much
different than another.
I know the burden of proof is on you if you believe it to be true,
it is you who must present the evidence.

If you find some, I'll be happy to hear about it.

you don't have to accept any evidence, it is only an opinion.
Either way.
Once again you confirm your idiocy.

If there were amps that measured similarly enough, but sounded
different it would for some sort of demonstrable reason, and there
would be some demonstrable evidence of it. There is none.

evidently, your measurements are not up to snuff.

Really? Your evidence of this is what?

the same stuff you sent me yesterday.
If you standardized everything else in the setup, you could
use that as one better tool for measuring amps than the measurements
you currently use.

Please post the excerpt that deals with amplifiers and their effect on
imaging.

Thanks for making my point.
There aren't any such measurements

Ruud Broens

long overdue snip inserted

:
: evidently, your measurements are not up to snuff.
:
: Really? Your evidence of this is what?
:
: the same stuff you sent me yesterday.
: If you standardized everything else in the setup, you could
: use that as one better tool for measuring amps than the measurements
: you currently use.
:
:
: Please post the excerpt that deals with amplifiers and their effect on
: imaging.
:
:
:
: Thanks for making my point.
: There aren't any such measurements
:
Learn how to snip ;-)
R.

Clyde Slick

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

:
Learn how to snip ;-)
R.

I snip when it suits my purpose.
I don't snip when not snipping suits my purpose.

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Since imaging is the job of the speaker/room interface, such measurements
would be impossible.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...
You can't debunk ABX,

Mikey, Arny did the job for us, with an ABX device that uses
inferior
ruthenium relays that have 27.5 times the resistance of silver.
you can't discredit it, without discrediting every
branch of audio research,
Actually, we don't. It's an excellent tool for studying Hindi
phonemes.
and you can't claim it masks differences.

Here your thinking is clearly confused.

Not my thinking, not my writing. You're so desparate that you're
forging
again.

We can, and we do, claim it masks
differences.

But your claims are made of nothing. No evidence, no science,
nothing
but
unfounded claims, which once again fly in the face of all the
real
scientists doing audio research that rely on ABX or some variant.

See? We MADE THE CLAIM. What are you going to do? Erase it?
Pretend
we
didn't do it?

No reason to, it's the usual unsupported bull****.

Once again, Mikey says, "and you can't claim it masks
differences."
And we reply,
Here your thinking is clearly confused. We can, and we do,
claim
it
masks
differences.
BINGO! We made the claim AGAIN.

I love this illiteracy: " the moon is made from green chees too,

but
it
won't make sound any smarter"

The word that was left out and which people of normal
intelligence would have assumed, is legitimate. Nobody can
legitmately
claim that ABX masks differences.

Mikey, you cannot apriori remove the legitimacy of your opponents.

What legitmacy? You don't have any, none of the criticisms hold
water,
they are simple bull**** from people who don't like what the
science
reveals.

That's a
dirty tactic you learned from Arny Krueger.

Calling liars for what they are? I don't think it's his tactic,

it's
the
tactic of anybody who desoises liars.

We are legitimately entitled to express our opinions.

Go ahead and express them, but that is not what you're doing, you

are
claiming that it's a fact that ABX is invalid. You have no poof of
that
claim.

Its merely useless, for assisting in comsumer
preferences and choices.
It's purpose was never meant for preference, only for difference.
Of course if there's no sonic difference, it's hard to claim a sonic
preference.

It has no purpose with respect to the High End at all.

Sure it does, just not your high end, which consists of faith and magic
ears.

Audio reproduction by High End componentry transcends the capability of
Arny's cheap apparatus to transmit it correctly.

So now you will offer up proof that an ABX box hides differences.

I didn't think so.

Hink whatever you want.

And you never fail to disappoint. Wild claims, and no proof, not even
anything remotely like evidence. You're a very bad scientist Bob.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Keep hinking, Mikey. You are very good at hinking.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

And like all sock puppets, you're good at being hinky.

Clyde Slick

" wrote in message
news

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you once more for making my point, sort of.
Amps do have differences in amging.
We haven't been able to measure it yet, as you stated..
Without measurements, you are so sure of yourself.
You say that all amps measuring the same sound the same,
yet you concede that we cannot measure all aspects of an amps performance.
so, you cannot say that they sound the same.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Mikey, it remains as a sad fact that you have an inferior mind.
Have you figured out who you are talking to?

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"dn" wrote in message

Clyde Slick wrote:
" wrote in message
link.net...

You can't debunk ABX, you can't discredit it, without

discrediting
every
branch of audio research, and you can't claim it masks
differences.

Why not relax and keep buying what you want, we won't stop you.

Just
keep quiet about the staggering differences between your new
Lirpa
fuel
cel driven SET and how much bigger the sound stage is compared

your
old Edsel cold fusion amp.

Because it may be the case.
And you don't know that iis is not.

Golly! A quote from the "Earth is Flat" debate from hundreds of

years
ago...

Plus ça change...

Or as Bob Dylan wrote: "When you ain't got nothin'
you got nothin to lose."

Better yet, when you don't know what you don't know, you don't
know what you're missing.
Irony?

Mikey's limited brain capacity puts most of the world permanently out
of
reach.

Only from Morin world, which is a lonely place that I have no wish to

visit.

Mikey, I inhabit intellectual spheres completely beyond your grasp, as

do
many other people on this newsgroup.

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your intellectual

dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

Robert Morein

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Mikey can't even tell whether he's talking to a sockpuppet.
His abilities of discrimination are limited by his inferior mind.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

It is not for you, a
near illiterate, to challenge our right.
ABX masks differences.

Then prove it.

No need to.

Bad science alert.

It contradicts the experience of a vast number of audiophiles.

Thank you for the Flat Earth Society viewpoint.

The burden is on you, if you wish to impose new rules and obligations.

The burden is met, the entirety of those doing audio research ,use and

rely
on ABX or some variant all the time.

I'm sure people use it all the time for study of Hindi phonemes. It is
useless to high fidelity.

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Amaging? Nope, or imaging either.

We haven't been able to measure it yet, as you stated..

Ever see a polar plot for a loudspeaker?

Without measurements, you are so sure of yourself.
You say that all amps measuring the same sound the same,
yet you concede that we cannot measure all aspects of an amps performance.
so, you cannot say that they sound the same.

I can say that amps that measure close enough have never been shown to sound
different in a bias controlled, level matched comparison.

Unless you can prove that amps have some effect on imaging, your whole point
is meaningless.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

How big was that telescope?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

So why is it the standard for audio researchers?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

A dip****, who may or may not be Robt. Morein.

Clyde Slick

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't been belittling your recent series of typos, maybe
I should start getting on you for them.
I haven't been bothering you about them because
I am not a good typist, and I don't expect you to be one either.

We haven't been able to measure it yet, as you stated..

Ever see a polar plot for a loudspeaker?

ever see one for an amp?
Maybe there should be head to head tests of amps for imaging, where
everything else stays the same, just to see.
I think there would be differences, but not anywhere nearly
as much as for speakers, where, say, waterfall plot differences are
enormous.

Without measurements, you are so sure of yourself.
You say that all amps measuring the same sound the same,
yet you concede that we cannot measure all aspects of an amps
performance.
so, you cannot say that they sound the same.

I can say that amps that measure close enough have never been shown to
sound different in a bias controlled, level matched comparison.

that's meaningles both as to the tests and to the subjects being
someone other than myself.

Unless you can prove that amps have some effect on imaging, your whole
point is meaningless.

I don't have to 'prove' anything. Its my opinion as well
as the opinion of a substantial number of others.
And you can't prove the negative.

paul packer

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:25:13 GMT, "
wrote:

Thank you once more for making my point, sort of.
Amps do have differences in amging.

Amaging? Nope, or imaging either.

If you're going to correct a typo at least copy it correctly.
It was "amging" not "Amaging".

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

It's not even an opinion, it's an article of faith.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

It is not.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Mikey, it is to be expected that, as you have an inferior mind, you would
resort to obscenity.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

As Clyde said, it is the opinion of a substantial number of other people.
What ever else it is, it is an opinion.

Clyde Slick

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:25:13 GMT, "
wrote:

Thank you once more for making my point, sort of.
Amps do have differences in amging.

Amaging? Nope, or imaging either.

If you're going to correct a typo at least copy it correctly.
It was "amging" not "Amaging".

Huh, a typo of the typo he was ridiculing!

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
news
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

You frequently form opinons based on the most flawed evidence available?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"dn" wrote in message

Clyde Slick wrote:
" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Gotta call 'em like I see 'em.

paul packer

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:49:15 GMT, "
wrote:

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your intellectual

dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

Well, you wouldn't have time really after posting here. In fact you
must be on a drip.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

link.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Like you'd know.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
news

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Bad grammar, Mikey McKelviphibian.

Robert Morein

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

We understand that, but as you have an inferior mind, your brain is
incapable of processing very much information.

Robert Morein

wrote:

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your

intellectual
dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

Well, you wouldn't have time really after posting here. In fact you
must be on a drip.

Perhaps Mikey is into absinthe.
Mikey, do you worship the Green Goddess?

wrote:

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your intellectual
dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

Well, you wouldn't have time really after posting here. In fact you
must be on a drip.

No, no, I'm not even related to any Australians.

wrote:

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your

intellectual
dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

Well, you wouldn't have time really after posting here. In fact you
must be on a drip.

Perhaps Mikey is into absinthe.
Mikey, do you worship the Green Goddess?

Salad Dressing?

You are a sick puppy.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Seems to be better than yours, I don't confuse 2.4 meters with 40 inches.

paul packer

Default Time for the anti-ABXers to admit the Truth

wrote:

You're correct, I'm stuck here in the real world, not your intellectual
dung
heap.

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure beer makes your mind more acute.

I wouldn't know, I don't normally drink beer.

Well, you wouldn't have time really after posting here. In fact you
must be on a drip.

No, no, I'm not even related to any Australians.

Tell me, Mike, how DO you find time for all these posts? Very fast
typing? I wouldn't like to sugest any other possibilities for fear of
being intrusive.

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

Because there is no such effect as amplifier imaging.

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

" wrote in message
link.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

ink.net...

" wrote in message
[...]

How do you 'know' that?

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

Because there is no such effect as amplifier imaging.

How do you 'know' that?

It's in his Krooble.