Tim Padrick

Default banana plugs?

Most hi-fi amps have banana socket outputs. I found these bananas to
maintain connection integrity for a longer period of time than spade lug or
bare wire connections. Most pro amps have banana socket outputs in addition
to speakon (if they have speakon). Using bananas makes it much easier to
make changes in the amp rack than using speakons, spades, or bare wires.

"Michael Dombrowski" wrote in message

Just out of curiousity, what do you use banana plugs for in audio?

Thanks
Mike

Laurence Payne

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:35:58 -0400, Michael Dombrowski
wrote:

Just out of curiousity, what do you use banana plugs for in audio?

Speaker connections.

Mike Rivers

In article "Sugarite" writes:

How important are banana plugs to overall sound quality?
I'm using the Radio Shack ones with the little set screws that fall out.

They're very important if the plugs come out of the jacks, or if the
wires come out of the plugs. Either will make a drastic change in
your sound quality - better or worse, depending on what you're playing
at the time.

Should I be using something better?

You should be using plugs that don't fall apart. I use banana plugs on
the speakers in my studio. The wires are secured by screws and the
screws don't fall out. Get some other plugs, or don't use them at all.
Most things that take banana plugs take something else - terminal
lugs, bare wires, fruit flies.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Scott Dorsey

In article , Sugarite not for you wrote:
How important are banana plugs to overall sound quality?
I'm using the Radio Shack ones with the little set screws that fall out.
Should I be using something better?

I don't know about sound quality, but if you care about reliability you
should probably not be using bananas at all.
Ricky W. Hunt

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article "Sugarite" writes:

How important are banana plugs to overall sound quality?
I'm using the Radio Shack ones with the little set screws that fall out.

They're very important if the plugs come out of the jacks, or if the
wires come out of the plugs. Either will make a drastic change in
your sound quality - better or worse, depending on what you're playing
at the time.

I think Mike has mentioned this before but Planet Waves guitar cords have
this nice little expander ring that functions much like a banana plug. I
wouldn't want to use a regular cord after using these.

Woodworm

Just out of curiousity, what do you use banana plugs for in audio?

Thanks
Mike

Nagra line I/O is another use that comes to mind...

banana plugs Sugarite Audio Opinions 9 August 14th 04 12:32 AM
FA: Esoteric banana plug plugs speaker connectors (qty 22) -- NO RESERVE J.W. Marketplace 0 July 18th 04 05:49 AM
FA: Esoteric banana plug plugs speaker connectors (qty 22) -- NO RESERVE J.W. Marketplace 0 July 18th 04 05:49 AM
"musician plugs" (ear plugs) - amazing! WideGlide Pro Audio 30 June 24th 04 06:38 PM
Banana plug termination Todd Pro Audio 7 March 25th 04 04:19 PM