M.A.H.

Default Philips CDC 875 changer

I'm currently using a circa ~1988 Philips CDC-875 changer. I've had many
good years from it, but now it's getting sporadic on ejecting the magazine.

I've had it apart and can't find anything obvious. I must say, these
magazine changers have more parts than most consumer electronics I've taken
apart.

What is the consensus of this model? At one time, this Philips unit was
pretty decent. Since it's now fifteen years old, should I consider moving
on to current technology?

How does the sound of this stack up against todays models? I don't really
need a changer, so I will probably go to a single disc player.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Michael H.

"M.A.H." wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm currently using a circa ~1988 Philips CDC-875 changer. I've had many
good years from it, but now it's getting sporadic on ejecting the
magazine.

I've had it apart and can't find anything obvious. I must say, these
magazine changers have more parts than most consumer electronics I've
taken
apart.

What is the consensus of this model? At one time, this Philips unit was
pretty decent. Since it's now fifteen years old, should I consider moving
on to current technology?

How does the sound of this stack up against todays models? I don't really
need a changer, so I will probably go to a single disc player.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Michael H.

CD players are CD players. More expenisve ones may last longer than less
expensive ones, but they don't sound different from each other.

paul packer

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:09:55 GMT, wrote:

"M.A.H." wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

No preaching to newbies.

2000 Ford Taurus - problems adding Kenwood CD changer Paul Car Audio 4 August 19th 04 10:02 PM
Installing CD changer from '95 Jetta in '02 Passat John Fleming Car Audio 3 May 29th 04 02:32 AM
Philips CD Changer cable for RC026 & RC388 Recardo Car Audio 0 April 25th 04 09:44 AM
Old Cd changer to new HU problem Nikoli Yetti Car Audio 0 April 21st 04 11:33 PM
Philips DC012 CD Changer - Compatibility? Recardo Car Audio 1 April 5th 04 01:33 PM