Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
tai fu

Default solid state vs tubes?

So is there any difference between using tube amps for listening to music
than solid state? I heard there were a bunch of double blind tests and
people could not tell the difference. I know there is a huge difference when
it comes to guitar amps because tubes distort differently than solid state,
but now we're talking about within the amp's headroom, is there a
difference?

--
TAI FU