Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Presson[_2_] Ed Presson[_2_] is offline

Default Listening Area Choice

So, the questions: How many of you have a dedicated listening 'room'?

Why?

If not, why not?

Yes, I have a dedicated listening room. Actually, the room (about 15' x
28') has two
purposes: a artist's studio for painting, and a listening room.

Why? No one else likes classical music as I do. This room allows me to
listen to what I want when I want. It also keeps paint fumes away from the
rest of the house.

Because my easel is set up at one end under a skylight, surround sound has
not been attempted. I have added several layers of used carpeting on the
floor and 32 sq. ft.
of sound conditioning on the wall and ceilings to defeat the most obvious
reflecting
surfaces. The room sounds pretty good, and--if I were truly dedicated about
it--could be further improved since there are no decor limitations.

Best wishes,

Ed Presson

trap their bulb in addition the pot Karl I. Slanina, MPSE Car Audio 0 November 8th 07 07:13 PM
a wall as bass trap apa Pro Audio 7 December 29th 06 07:20 PM
effective use of bass trap [email protected] Pro Audio 9 June 9th 06 06:01 PM
Electronic Bass Trap Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 15 November 25th 04 06:03 AM
A TRAP FOR TURNER Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 3 December 10th 03 11:39 PM