Howard Shubs

Default Battery And Assault - iPod's Unreplaceable Battery Lasts Only 18 Months

In article ,
"Wharfrat" wrote:

does anyone recommend any other mp3 players? I don't want to conform to the
Ipod.

You might want to try getting the actual facts, rather than the bull****.

--
You are what you eat, therefore, I'm a vegetable! Cows and chickens
and Pop Tarts are too.
WindsorFox[SS]

Howard Shubs wrote:
In article ,
"Wharfrat" wrote:

does anyone recommend any other mp3 players? I don't want to conform to the
Ipod.

You might want to try getting the actual facts, rather than the bull****.

Perhapse you would like to share?

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

No SPAM Sam

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

Howard Shubs wrote:
In article ,
"Wharfrat" wrote:

does anyone recommend any other mp3 players? I don't want to conform to the
Ipod.

You might want to try getting the actual facts, rather than the bull****.

Perhapse you would like to share?

Sure - how about 5 buddies who all bought generation 1 iPods within 4
weeks of each other - right after they came out. All 5 iPods are going
strong.

My wife is using my original iPod and last month she took my car to go
shopping. My pod was in it. The day was unseasonably warm and sunny so I
grabbed my bike and went for a long ride up to the lake and back. That's
about a 4 hour trip there and back. I had lunch on the dock and took
some pictures of the geese. Another hour or so. When I got home I had
one bar showing. So we are talking 5 1/2 to 6 hours of use, one bar
remaining, and a two year old pod.

WindsorFox[SS]

No SPAM Sam wrote:
WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

Perhapse you would like to share?

Sure - how about 5 buddies who all bought generation 1 iPods within 4
weeks of each other - right after they came out. All 5 iPods are going
strong.

What does that have to do with the fact that a lot of them have dead
batteries? Just because yours still works does not mean the guy who
says he has one with a dead battery is lying and the fact is though
it can be forcibly opened, it sure does not LOOK like Apple meant for
the battery to be replaced.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

Howard Shubs

In article h2ZJb.68844$hf1.25659@lakeread06,
"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote:

What does that have to do with the fact that a lot of them have dead
batteries? Just because yours still works does not mean the guy who
says he has one with a dead battery is lying and the fact is though
it can be forcibly opened, it sure does not LOOK like Apple meant for
the battery to be replaced.

Given that Apple has a replacement program adopted before this bs
started, I figure the whole issue goes away. Batteries don't last
forever.

--
You are what you eat, therefore, I'm a vegetable! Cows and chickens
and Pop Tarts are too.

David W.

Howard Shubs wrote in news:howard-1F3520.13561004012004
@enews.newsguy.com:

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote:

What does that have to do with the fact that a lot of them have dead
batteries? Just because yours still works does not mean the guy who
says he has one with a dead battery is lying and the fact is though
it can be forcibly opened, it sure does not LOOK like Apple meant for
the battery to be replaced.

Given that Apple has a replacement program adopted before this bs
started, I figure the whole issue goes away. Batteries don't last
forever.

$100 to get the battery replaced doesn't impress me very much.
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote:

What does that have to do with the fact that a lot of them have dead
batteries? Just because yours still works does not mean the guy who
says he has one with a dead battery is lying and the fact is though
it can be forcibly opened, it sure does not LOOK like Apple meant for
the battery to be replaced.

Given that Apple has a replacement program adopted before this bs
started, I figure the whole issue goes away. Batteries don't last
forever.

The replacement program started after the "bs" and it's still over
$100 to send it to be replaced. Most MP3 players have user replacable
battries.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

No SPAM Sam

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

No SPAM Sam wrote:
WindsorFox[SS] wrote:

Perhapse you would like to share?

Sure - how about 5 buddies who all bought generation 1 iPods within 4
weeks of each other - right after they came out. All 5 iPods are going
strong.

What does that have to do with the fact that a lot of them have dead
batteries?

But are there 'a lot' of dead batteries? We certainly know that two
graffiti artists claim their iPod battery died - and it probably did.
While they had reason to shade the truth about their story (they
wouldn't be getting tons of attention without shading the truth) I'll
accept their battery died. But what is a lot? Given how many iPods Apple
as sold are we hearing the loud voices of a few or murmering of many? I
know lots of people who have iPods - my 5 buddies and I among the
earliest of adopters. We are all getting at least 5 hours on a charge
still and I know no one personally who has a dead battery. I do know two
people who chose to replace their batteries when the charge dropped to
around 5 hours.

Just because yours still works does not mean the guy who
says he has one with a dead battery is lying and the fact is though
it can be forcibly opened,

Forcibly openned? I think not. No, there is no battery compartment like
my cell phone has. But it isn't sealed either. Both the original iPod
and the new 3rd generation can be easily opened. The metal case is
manufactured so that little prongs grab at the plastic. I used a plastic
magnetic key to open the two pods I've changed batteries on. (Being a
techie my friends ask me to fix their stuff)

it sure does not LOOK like Apple meant for
the battery to be replaced.

Naturally that is why Apple has a battery replacement program - because
they don't want the battery replaced.
Bob Ward

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:08:19 -0500, Howard Shubs

"Wharfrat" wrote:

does anyone recommend any other mp3 players? I don't want to conform to the
Ipod.

You might want to try getting the actual facts, rather than the bull****.

If the facts are that he prefers not to get an iPod, where is the
bull****, other than clogging your keyboard?

SAIL LOCO

does anyone recommend any other mp3 players? I don't want to conform to
theIpod....

A much better alternative is the Sony MiniDisc. Much better sound and
especially editing capabilities.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport