Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Hello and help

On 12/11/2019 6:57 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
geoff the blind ****head wrote:

------------------------------

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs.

** Irrelevant.

Two with a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture*
say 1.6A, which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

** Must have been the school of hard knocks ?

FFS can't you see 1.6A is the max primary side amp rating ??

Right next to the 100-240V spec ??

With a 100VAC supply ( in Japan ) the rms amps is 1.6A at full load.

Allow for a PF of 0.5 = 80 watts input to a 65W psu.

Spot ****ing on.

Given all this lack of concise information,

** " 100% compatible will all the original features including over current and voltage protection " is precise.

Concise is the wrong term.

LOL

You are, of course, right regarding the current being 'primary. It would
be reassuring to me to actually have a full output voltage/current spec,
given the vagaries of the ads.

Hope you can get to the pharmacy what with all those fires and things.
Once the meds kick in hopefully you can return to being a less
unpleasant person.

geoff