Engineer

Default Tuning indicator 6G-E12

Hi, RATS.
I am restoring a 1960's vintage Pioneer AM/FM chassis that needs a
replacement 6G-E12 tuning indicator.

No brand name on it but the glass has a logo like a stylized "t-3" in
an oblong (with top left and bottom right corners having small
triangular extensions), all inside a small circle. Black plastic
octal base has no markings. I think it may be Toyo brand from Japan.

This tube has two oblong "display windows" inside at the top that
appear to give two independent indications of two AGC voltages
(chassis has two separate receivers in it, AM(SW+BC) and conventional
AM+FM.) The internal construction shows two separate "triode-like"
assemblies below each top window "display". The overall tube has an
octal base and is of "small GT" size, about 2 1/2 inches long
(excluding pins.)

Does anyone have one of these to sell or know where might I find one,
or a substitute? Kindly contact me at "analogdino 'at' rogers 'dot'
com" (formatted correctly.) Thanks for all replies.

Cheers,

Roger

Sean

Very rare 12at7 6201 variety

please see item 5753703391

I don't know of a common eye tube that has two triode amplifiers in it.

Maybe if there's room, could you fit two 6GF6's?

Or one 6AL7 and find a place to add a 12AX7 amplifier?

Or if it's a dual 6E5 style, then a 6AD6 and 6AF6 has the display
part, but of course they need outboard triodes.