Jonny Durango

Default Recommend an audio interface w/o preamps or phantom

I'm looking to upgrade my Delta 66 so I can record at least 8 analog
channels in. I considered the 1010, but since I already have an RNP, Edirol
UA-5 and a 1604, i've got PLENTY of mic pre and phantom power options so I
don't need anything fancy, just good ADC/DAC interface with 8+ analod
ins/outs, i don't even care so much about digital (again, the UA-5 does
digital). What do you all recommend? Thanks!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

T Maki

Hmmm...the Delta 1010 (at least the one I have) doesn't have
mic preamps or phantom power. Not fancy, but has eight
pretty decent A/D/A, balanced I/O channels and S/PDIF.

If you considered it, what convinced you it wouldn't work
for you? At the prices you can find them (and given that
your workstation can support them), you can load up on 16 or
24 channels worth relatively inexpensively.

TM

Jonny Durango wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade my Delta 66 so I can record at least 8 analog
channels in. I considered the 1010, but since I already have an RNP, Edirol
UA-5 and a 1604, i've got PLENTY of mic pre and phantom power options so I
don't need anything fancy, just good ADC/DAC interface with 8+ analod
ins/outs, i don't even care so much about digital (again, the UA-5 does
digital). What do you all recommend?

Arny Krueger

"Jonny Durango" wrote in
message
I'm looking to upgrade my Delta 66 so I can record at least 8 analog
channels in. I considered the 1010, but since I already have an RNP,
Edirol UA-5 and a 1604, i've got PLENTY of mic pre and phantom power
options so I don't need anything fancy, just good ADC/DAC interface
with 8+ analod ins/outs, i don't even care so much about digital
(again, the UA-5 does digital). What do you all recommend? Thanks!

The Delta 1010 has only line inputs and line outputs. You'd still need your
existing mic preamps with it.

Jonny Durango

I suspect that he thinks that any female XLR connector is a mic
preamp.

hey I dont stereotype all females as just some "piece of equipment" to "turn
up my volume"......anyway, it was a simple case of confusion with the 1010LT

http://www.adkproaudio.com/maudio.cfm

"Delta 1010-LT:10 in /10 out 24bit 96kHz audio card with mic preamps,digital
i/o,MIDI i/o and more."

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Midiman%...20Card%20w%2F%
20Mic%20Preamps,digital%20I%2FO%20and%20MIDI%20I%2 FO%20Sound%20Card:19908062
09

"including: eight analog inputs and outputs, including 2 XLR microphone
inputs with pre amps"

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article writes:

The Delta 1010 has only line inputs and line outputs. You'd still need

your
existing mic preamps with it.

I suspect that he thinks that any female XLR connector is a mic
preamp.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Arny Krueger

"Jonny Durango" wrote in
message
I suspect that he thinks that any female XLR connector is a mic
preamp.

hey I dont stereotype all females as just some "piece of equipment"
to "turn up my volume"......anyway, it was a simple case of confusion
with the 1010LT

http://www.adkproaudio.com/maudio.cfm

"Delta 1010-LT:10 in /10 out 24bit 96kHz audio card with mic
preamps,digital i/o,MIDI i/o and more."

Right, I have one of each. The 1010LT has female RCA jack analog I/O except
for the line inputs for channel 1 & 2. They are Female XLRs. No phantom
voltage is provided, but there are jumpers on the card for setting their
gain.

the Emu 1820m sounds *amazing" and fits your basic desription. best
buy in audio land, period. The same top 192khz converters as in
Digidesign's top boxes. Completely excellent impementation.

Don't cheap out and get the 1820. get the 1820m.

Run, don't walk to the store.

Change out the mobo on your computer if needed. It's that good, and
that worth it.