Mr. Freeze

Default Applying Data from Excel to Imported Music?

Hello all,

I am a professional DJ and possess a catalog of 1000's of CD's. I have
all of these indexed in an excel spreadsheet that has the disc title,
track titles, and artist names. What I'd like to do is rip all of my
CD's to hard disk(s), keeping the highest audio quality possible
(which I understand is to use WAV format), and apply the data from my
excel spreadsheet, too, so I have a library-type interface where I can
search for songs, make playlists, etc. (like iTunes or MusicMatch
Jukebox). I have both Mac and PC, so a solution on either platform
would be helpful to me.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how something like this can be
accomplished as painlessly as possible? Of course, I can rip the discs
one-by-one, and manually copy and paste the data from excel into
iTunes, but it would be way better if I could somehow apply the data
from the excel sheet into cddb or something so that all I'd have to do
is identify the disc and all the song titles and artist names would be
automatically applied.

Please note that the CD's in my collection are not commercial,
off-the-shelf CD's. They are all custom-burned discs comprised of
various songs from various artists, but each disc is named (i.e. CLUB
77) and indexed in my Excel spreadsheet.

I am open to any suggestions, including the use of alternative
software applications.

Thanks in advance,

~Freeze