GeoSynch

Default George M, Middius is an alias- what a surprise ;-)

tor b is in a lather:

He's probably listed under is full name and not his middle initial.

Go to:

http://www.locateamerica.com

and try it both ways, with and without the "M". No result- meaning no
drivers license, no automobile registration, not registered to vote,
no credit history, etc. There is no "George Middius".

Try this, Einstein:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

GeoSynch

Arny Krueger

"GeoSynch" wrote in message
nk.net

tor b is in a lather:

He's probably listed under is full name and not his middle initial.

Go to:

http://www.locateamerica.com

and try it both ways, with and without the "M". No result- meaning no
drivers license, no automobile registration, not registered to vote,
no credit history, etc. There is no "George Middius".

Try this, Einstein:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ge+Middius%22+
MD&btnG=Google+Search

Very old and obsolete news.

try this, Einstein:

http://www.google.com/groups?&selm=3...news.addis.net

ScottW

Default Hear the quacking > 20 KHz (Again)

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"ScottW" wrote in message

I guess that means that you don't know the difference between bandwidth

and
dynamic range either, Scotty.

I guess this means you're a pathetic waste of human filth
whose real interest is some perverted means to prop up
his own declining self-image and rapidly crumbling self
esteem.

How do you explain intruding on a discussion
that is so far over your head?

How do you explain consistent irrational conclusions?

ScottW

Robert Morein

Default McCarty & Krueger, Inc. ?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

After Arny has someone to beat the crap out of for a few years, maybe
he'll become a sweeter person .

Talk about secret longings and externalization. The amazing thing about
Robert Morein is how many times he's had the crap figuratively beaten out

of
him, without his learning a darn thing. Right up to the Supreme Court of

the
US! Amazing!

Only figuratively, Arny.

As opposed to you.

Anyways, I was suggesting that you beat the crap out of McCarty.

I don't place the two of you in the same category.

While you are a ***BAD SCIENTIST***,
McCarty is a bad human being.

George M. Middius

Robert Morein said to ****-for-Brains:

While you are a ***BAD SCIENTIST***,
McCarty is a bad human being.

Krooger has pedophiliac fantasies. For all we know, he's acted on
them. Remember the allusions to "young trainees"? How about the romps
through Sunday school at that misbegotten church of his?

Be careful about leaping to conclusions. Mc****head may have
interfered with people's Internet access, but that doesn't compare to
the damage done by an active pedophile.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

While you are a ***BAD SCIENTIST***,
McCarty is a bad human being.

How many times does Arny have to throw sand in your face
before you will realize that he is a bad human being?

Marc Phillips

Richard Malesweski said:

Marc "Porky Boy" Phillips dragged his fat ass to a keyboard and typed:

I'm a homeowner, have a valid driver's license, children, and a wife. I'm

also
a registered voter. And yet I'm on none of those sites. Why? Because I

have
an unlisted phone number.

Some detective you are. LOL!

You can be found on "Locate America", Porky. Check for yourself.

I did. There are a few people with my name in Los Angeles. None are me.

Boon

S888Wheel

While you are a ***BAD SCIENTIST***,
McCarty is a bad human being.
BRBR

Arny isn't a bad scientist because he isn't a scientist at all. He does try to
coat tail science his religious beliefs in audio on science. He seems to be a
fairly awful human being.
chris

Default KEEP YOUR CRAP OUT OF HERE !!!!!!!!!

You bunch of troll already have you own forum for slagging each other GO
BACK THERE .

WE DONT NEED THIS SORT OF CONTAMINATION on a SENSIBLY INTELIGENT news
group.

George M. Middius

chris said:

You bunch of troll already have you own forum for slagging each other GO
BACK THERE .

WE DONT NEED THIS SORT OF CONTAMINATION on a SENSIBLY INTELIGENT news
group.

You know what's funny? The other day, one of the nerds acted like he
respects Arnii Krooger. ;-) On the rest of Usenet, that behavior
would lead to stoning by a mob of villagers. On your group, it's
nothing out of the ordinary.

How much do you pay for the fermented worms, anyway? ;-)

Robert Morein

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

While you are a ***BAD SCIENTIST***,
McCarty is a bad human being.

How many times does Arny have to throw sand in your face
before you will realize that he is a bad human being?

I'll admit, I wouldn't want to have him around the house. But it's a matter
of degree:

Arny is very rude. (-1)
He lies to win arguments. (-2)
When he isn't lying, he's just plain devious. (-1)
Arny has a concept of good and bad, but on a two year old level (-2)
Arny is destructive, but has so far limited his bouts of destruction to
audio (-2)
Arny believes himself to be master of his domain. However, as I have seen
him defer to Dick Pierce, his egomania appears limited to a specific
delusion.

On the other hand,
McCarty is incredibly rude (-3)
McCarty lies to defame (-10)
McCarty tries to cheat people out of their money (-5)
McCarty posts his attacks under assumed names (-5).
McCarty has no concept of good or bad whatsoever -- he is a full blown
psychopath (-10)
McCarty has tried to do me personal harm (-10) (can't avoid the
personalization here!).
McCarty is generally destructive, to investors, to usenet, and to himself
(-10).

Score for Krueger: -8
Score for McCarty: -53

Sockpuppet Yustabe

[...]

Arny does that too, he just hasn't done it to you, YET.

McCarty tries to cheat people out of their money (-5)
McCarty posts his attacks under assumed names (-5).
McCarty has no concept of good or bad whatsoever -- he is a full blown
psychopath (-10)
McCarty has tried to do me personal harm (-10) (can't avoid the
personalization here!).
McCarty is generally destructive, to investors, to usenet, and to himself
(-10).

Score for Krueger: -8
Score for McCarty: -53

Robert Morein

[...]

You're right. I stand corrected.

GeoSynch

Arny wrote:

Try this, Einstein:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Very old and obsolete news.

try this, Einstein:

http://www.google.com/groups?&selm=3...news.addis.net

Yeah, back in '97, when 'lil Georgie was still a neophyte dweeb and willingly posted
his phone number on the net for one and all. But my posting of the Google link a few
months ago is what probably put the fat, little gimp on the run, so to speak. :-)

GeoSynch

George M. Middius

Default StynchBlob to the rescue! Krooger sighs with relief!

Stynchblob lied:

Yeah, back in '97, when 'lil Georgie was still a neophyte dweeb and willingly posted
his phone number on the net for one and all.

So you admit that making harassing phone calls is a standard tool in
your kit of Usenet warfare. That is quite an admission. Did you even
put down your beer bottle long enough to think about whether you might
ever be prosecuted for your crimes?

But my posting of the Google link a few
months ago is what probably put the fat, little gimp on the run, so to speak. :-)

Probably not, Blimpie. I'll bet even your beloved Krooger is capable
of figuring out who has that phone number now. Finished off your
Halloween candy yet, or are you still postponing that diet you've been
yakking about?

GeoSynch

Default More Musings From The Mid-Yut

El Pudge-oh gayo gimpo escribbleo (ho-ho-ho):

Yeah, back in '97, when 'lil Georgie was still a neophyte dweeb and willingly posted
his phone number on the net for one and all.

So you admit that making harassing phone calls is a standard tool in
your kit of Usenet warfare. That is quite an admission.

That's quite a leap ... even for a gimp like you.

Did you evenput down your beer bottle long enough to think about whether you might
ever be prosecuted for your crimes?

For what, making fun of you on r.a.o.?

But my posting of the Google link a few
months ago is what probably put the fat, little gimp on the run, so to speak. :-)

Probably not, Blimpie. I'll bet even your beloved Krooger is capable
of figuring out who has that phone number now. Finished off your
Halloween candy yet, or are you still postponing that diet you've been
yakking about?

"Yada, yada, yada puke" goes the pudge.

GeoSynch

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

Arny is very rude. (-8)
He lies to win arguments. (-10)
When he isn't lying, he's just plain devious. (-8)
Arny has a concept of good and bad, but on a two year old level (-5)
Arny is destructive, but has so far limited his bouts of destruction to
audio (-5)
Arny has no concept of good or bad whatsoever -- he is a full blown
sociopath(-10)
Arny believes himself to be master of his domain. However, as I have seen
him defer to Dick Pierce, his egomania appears limited to a specific
delusion.

On the other hand,
McCarty is incredibly rude (-3)
McCarty lies to defame (-8)
McCarty tries to cheat people out of their money (-5)
McCarty posts his attacks under assumed names (-4).
McCarty has no concept of good or bad whatsoever -- he is a full blown
psychopath (-8)
McCarty has tried to do personal harm (-10) (can't avoid the
personalization here!).

Score for Krueger: -46
Score for McCarty: -38

Marc Phillips

Richard Malesweski said:

(Marc Phillips) wrote in message

snip

I wrote:

You can be found on "Locate America", Porky. Check for yourself.

The Porkster lied:

I did. There are a few people with my name in Los Angeles. None are me.

I found a post where you said you lived in Tujunga (at the time you
made the post, perhaps not now). In Locate America, there is a listing
for a Marc A Phillips, current age 41, in Tujunga. Are you saying that
isn't you, liar? Keep in mind that Locate America lists info for past
as well as current places of residence. And remember you are in the
google record as saying that your muddle name is Andrew.

I wrote:

You can be found on "Locate America", Porky. Check for yourself.

The Porkster lied:

I did. There are a few people with my name in Los Angeles. None are me.

I found a post where you said you lived in Tujunga (at the time you
made the post, perhaps not now). In Locate America, there is a listing
for a Marc A Phillips, current age 41, in Tujunga. Are you saying that
isn't you, liar? Keep in mind that Locate America lists info for past
as well as current places of residence. And remember you are in the
google record as saying that your muddle name is Andrew.

That's it! I live in Tujunga! You got me! C'mon and get me! Pull the
trigger! Pull the trigger!

Boon
John

Default Failure to Hear the removal of sounds > 20 KHz (Again)

Arny Krueger wrote:
Over the years various people on RAO have berated me because I have
kept saying that the fact that the CD format removes all sound above
22 KHz isn't a problem. Here is one more example in a long series of
scientific papers that agree with this idea:

Audio Engineering Society Convention Paper 5876: Perceptual
Discrimination between Musical Sounds with and without Very High
Frequency Components Given at the 115th AES Convention in New York
about a month ago. This paper can be ordered from the AES web site:
www.aes.org .

This paper describes the test methodology and the results of a series
of listening tests performed by researchers at NHK Science &
Technical Research Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan. These tests compared
the playback of recordings with and without audio signals above 21
KHz.

19 different musical selections and one synthetic sound were used:

1 "Satsuma-Biwa" "Satsuma-Biwa"
2 Litha Drums, Bass, Pf (Jazz Piano Trio)
3 Meditation Vn, Pf
4 Romanian Folk Dances Vn, Pf
5 Intermezzo de "Carmen" Fl, Pf
6 Beethoven: Sym. No.9 4th Mov. Picc
7 Bach: Suite for Vc No.2 - Prelude Sax
8 Bach: Suite for Vc No.6 - Prelude Sax
9 Piece en forme de Habanera Sax, Pf
10 Partie Sax, Pf, Perc
11 Sednalo Bulgarian Chorus (SACD ARHS-1002)
12 TihViatar Bulgarian Chorus (SACD ARHS-1002)
13 Meditation+White Noise Vn, Pf, High frequency band consists of
only white noise.
14 Airs Valagues Fl, Pf
15 Tchaikovski: Sym. No.6 3rd Mov. Full Orchestra
16 Doralice Vo, Gt (Bossa Nova)
17 Chega de Sauadade Vo, Gt, Pf, Perc (Bossa Nova)
18 tiny rose Vo, Pf, Gt, Fl, Perc ("the birds")
19 butterfly Vo, Pf, Gt, Perc ("the birds")
20 Autumn Leaves Drums, Bass, Pf (Jazz Piano Trio)

"First, 36 subjects evaluated 20 kinds of stimulus, and each stimulus
was evaluated 40 times in total. The results showed no significant
difference among the sound stimuli, but that the correct response
rate for three sound stimuli was close to the significance
probability (5% level). It is concluded that one subject attained a
75% correct response rate which constituted a significant difference.
In order to make a strict statistical test, we conducted a
supplementary test with this subject who had attained the best
correct answer rate in the first test. This subject evaluated six
kinds of sound stimulus, and then evaluated each sound stimulus 20
times. As a result, no significant difference was found among the
sound stimuli, and so this subject could not discriminate between
these sound stimuli with and without very high frequency components."

In other words, of 36 listeners, only one listener scored
substantially better than random guessing, and when retested, he
could not duplicate his earlier results. This indicates that they
were due to luck. In fact a study of statisitics and actual
experience suggests that with a group of 36 listeners, it is pretty
certain that one or more listeners will get good scores due to luck,
that they won't be able to duplicate when re-tested.

So, you can flip pennies or compare 24/44 to 24/96 and get pretty
much the same results, provided you hold all other relevant variables
equal.

One study awhile back in Japan used EEG measurements to measure pleasure
stimuli. It showed that although participates could not hear those high
frequencies the "pleasure area" of the brain sure did. Probably why it
is so much more pleasing to listen to a wide frequency response system
as compared to a harsh sounding CD.

I place a lot more value on that kind of study. One that uses actual
electronic measurements of brain activity rather than subjective

Erik Squires

Yes, the level at that point is accurate, very accurate.... but take any
sine wave, and select 3 points on it.

Can you tell the full amplitude of that sine wave at the points in between?
I can't.

Erik
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Erik Squires" wrote in message
ervers.com
I'm not sure that the higher frequencies matter, but having a mere 3
samples per cycle at 15kHz doesn't exactly seem like high resolution
to me.

Given that each sample can be accurate up to within one part in 8 billion,
it can be very accurate.

Arny Krueger

"Erik Squires" wrote in message
rvers.com

Yes, the level at that point is accurate, very accurate.... but take
any sine wave, and select 3 points on it.

Can you tell the full amplitude of that sine wave at the points in
between?

Sure. Three equations in three unknowns with three given known quantities. I
can determine frequency, amplitude and phase from three points, presuming
that a pure sine wave passes through them.

I can't.

You could if you're training in electronics and math prepared you for the
task.

Arny Krueger

"John" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

That would no doubt be this study:

http://www.yamashirogumi.gr.jp/kumigashira/jnp-hse.pdf

This study has quite a checkered past. It has been declined publication in
audio-related referreed publications because of critical flaws, further
discussed below.

It showed that although participates could not
hear those high frequencies the "pleasure area" of the brain sure
did.

The study has critical flaws, noted below.

Probably why it is so much more pleasing to listen to a wide
frequency response system as compared to a harsh sounding CD.

When CDs sound harsh, it's far easier to explain. They sound harsh because
they were made to sound harsh by means of traditional audio production tools
such as equalization, compression, and the like.

I place a lot more value on that kind of study. One that uses actual
electronic measurements of brain activity rather than subjective

It turns out that that study is well-known to have a critical flaw. There
were audible frequency response variations below 20 KHz, presumably because
of some interactions in the test setup. This shows up in figure 1.

John

Arny Krueger wrote:
"John" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

Wrong. The frequency response anomaly is due to the B and K microsphone
used for the measurement. Not what the particpates would have heard.
The correlation between wide frequency response and pleasure listening
to music is a definitive one. Something my brain has always noticed.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

It's more than very common to have a last name that you share with at least
one other living human, unless it's made up. For example, Infospace finds
66 Oberlanders and 250 Kruegers in California.

Actually, the Census puts it at about 200 families with my last name in the U.S.
Not that common.

Yeah - of those in California - 15 are my father's brothers and families.
I'm terribly easy to locate.

Joseph Oberlander

Marc Phillips wrote:

That's it! I live in Tujunga! You got me! C'mon and get me! Pull the
trigger! Pull the trigger!

Boon

It's amazing, actually - how many of us live in the L.A. area.

S888Wheel

It's amazing, actually - how many of us live in the L.A. area.

Being so small and underpopulated and such.

Marc Phillips

Joseph Oberlander said:

Marc Phillips wrote:

That's it! I live in Tujunga! You got me! C'mon and get me! Pull the
trigger! Pull the trigger!

Boon

It's amazing, actually - how many of us live in the L.A. area.

You and I used to live about five miles from each other. And I think GeoSynch
is somewhere close to where I live now. And there's someone else, too, but I
can't remember.

Boon
Marc Phillips

S888Wheel said:

It's amazing, actually - how many of us live in the L.A. area.

Being so small and underpopulated and such.

It's you! You're the one I was thinking about just a second ago, in my last
post.

Boon
Sockpuppet Yustabe

S888Wheel said:

It's amazing, actually - how many of us live in the L.A. area.

Being so small and underpopulated and such.

It's you! You're the one I was thinking about just a second ago, in my

last
post.

Boon

I invited Scott Wheeler to join us on Sturday, Dec 6, by email.

S888Wheel

I invited Scott Wheeler to join us on Sturday, Dec 6, by email.

I hope I can make it. Thanks again for the invite.
Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:35:41 -0000, "chris"
wrote:

You bunch of troll already have you own forum for slagging each other GO
BACK THERE .

WE DONT NEED THIS SORT OF CONTAMINATION on a SENSIBLY INTELIGENT news
group.

There are two 'L's in INTELLIGENT, and there's no need to shout... :-)

Arny Krueger

"John" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

That would no doubt be this study:

http://www.yamashirogumi.gr.jp/kumigashira/jnp-hse.pdf

This study has quite a checkered past. It has been declined
publication in audio-related refereed publications because of
critical flaws, further discussed below.

It showed that although participates could not
hear those high frequencies the "pleasure area" of the brain sure
did.

The study has critical flaws, noted below.

Probably why it is so much more pleasing to listen to a wide
frequency response system as compared to a harsh sounding CD.

When CDs sound harsh, it's far easier to explain. They sound harsh
because they were made to sound harsh by means of traditional audio
production tools such as equalization, compression, and the like.

I place a lot more value on that kind of study. One that uses
actual electronic measurements of brain activity rather than
subjective responses from listeners

It turns out that that study is well-known to have a critical flaw.
There were audible frequency response variations below 20 KHz,
presumably because of some interactions in the test setup. This shows
up in figure 1.

Wrong. The frequency response anomaly is due to the B and K
microphone used for the measurement.

Wrong, we're talking about a difference. The same mic was used to make both
relevant measurements.

Not what the participants would have heard.

Since the difference is clearly there and due to the test setup- how can one
just dismiss it? Mind reading?

The correlation between wide frequency response and
pleasure listening to music is a definitive one.

At some point the audibility of frequency response variations becomes highly
controversial, and that point is some place around 20 KHz.

Something my brain has always noticed.

You can do your own blind listening tests related to the audibility of
sample rates with files you can easily download from
http://www.pcabx.com/technical/sample_rates/index.htm .

Peter Larsen

Robert Morein wrote:

[blah ^ blah]

Robert, you come across as being actively unintelligent.

Please be so kind as to stop advertising that unintelligence in
rec.audio.tech where it is off topic and go back to ra0 or even better
post it to nil so that ra0 may again become rao and thus perhaps worth
visiting.

Peter Larsen

tor b

I wrote:

You can be found on "Locate America", Porky. Check for yourself.

The Porkster lied:

I did. There are a few people with my name in Los Angeles. None are me.

I found a post where you said you lived in Tujunga (at the time you
made the post, perhaps not now). In Locate America, there is a listing
for a Marc A Phillips, current age 41, in Tujunga. Are you saying that
isn't you, liar? Keep in mind that Locate America lists info for past
as well as current places of residence. And remember you are in the
google record as saying that your muddle name is Andrew.

That's it! I live in Tujunga! You got me! C'mon and get me! Pull the
trigger! Pull the trigger!

That same Marc A Phillips, current age 41, also has listings for past
residences in Encino, CA and Virginia Beach, VA. Since you are on the
google record as having lived in both Encino and Virginia Beach as
well as Tujunga I think we can safely conclude that you *can* be found
in Locate America, despite your earlier lies. BTW, I have no intention
to "come and get [you]". You are the stalker, not me. I am merely
refuting another one of your many, many lies, Porky.

Now, can we return to the original question: why can't "George M.
Middius" be found on Locate America?
Arny Krueger

om

I wrote:

You can be found on "Locate America", Porky. Check for yourself.

The Porkster lied:

I did. There are a few people with my name in Los Angeles. None
are me.

The question here is whether Porky lied or spoke ignorantly. Presuming
incompetence is usually more accurate than presuming malevolence. But then
Porky is one malevolent little ham bone, isn't he?

I found a post where you said you lived in Tujunga (at the time you
made the post, perhaps not now). In Locate America, there is a
listing for a Marc A Phillips, current age 41, in Tujunga. Are you
saying that isn't you, liar? Keep in mind that Locate America lists
info for past as well as current places of residence. And remember
you are in the google record as saying that your muddle name is
Andrew.

That's it! I live in Tujunga! You got me! C'mon and get me! Pull
the trigger! Pull the trigger!

Is Marc Phillips seriously over the edge or what? Prove Phillips doesn't
know what he is talking about, and he acts like he wants to be murdered, and
now. Very sad.

That same Marc A Phillips, current age 41, also has listings for past
residences in Encino, CA and Virginia Beach, VA. Since you are on the
google record as having lived in both Encino and Virginia Beach as
well as Tujunga I think we can safely conclude that you *can* be found
in Locate America, despite your earlier lies. BTW, I have no intention
to "come and get [you]". You are the stalker, not me. I am merely
refuting another one of your many, many lies, Porky.

Good job!

Now, can we return to the original question: why can't "George M.
Middius" be found on Locate America?

The obvious answer would be that George Middius is an alias. The connection
between Middius and MIDI seems to be pretty obvious. The interesting
question then becomes who George Middius is an alias for? It could be a
nobody, or it could be a somebody, like say Atkins*n. We already have proof
that the person behind the Middius persona posts under other aliases.

Goofball_star_dot_etal

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:26:30 +0100, Peter Larsen
wrote:

Robert Morein wrote:

[blah ^ blah]

Robert, you come across as being actively unintelligent.

Please be so kind as to stop advertising that unintelligence in
rec.audio.tech where it is off topic and go back to ra0 or even better
post it to nil so that ra0 may again become rao and thus perhaps worth
visiting.

One is concerned that he may become president, one day,