Esa Nikulainen

Default Sony CDX Wiring Diagram

Hello,

I have a Sony CDX-4160RDS. I don't have the original wiring harness, because
I bought my Sony as used.

I don't know how pins are located at the rear of the player. Is pin 1
located in top left or bottom right? And how about pin 16?

I know meaning of each pins as following:

Pin Number Wire Color Function
1 White Left Front Positive
2 Green Left Rear Positive
3 Violet Right Rear Positive
4 Grey Right Front Positive
5 Blue/White Amplifier Remote
6 Blue Antenna Remote
7 Red Accessory 12 Volts
8 Black Ground
9 White/Black Left Front Negative
10 Green/Black Left Rear Negative
11 Violet/Black Right Rear Negative
12 Grey/Black Right Front Negative
13 Sky Blue Telephone Mute
14 Orange/White Illumination
15 Not Used Not Used
16 Yellow Constant 12 Volts

I know also that my player is compatible with following Sony models:

CDX 3000
CDX 3002
CDX 3100
CDX 3103
CDX 3150
CDX 3160
CDX 4150RDS
CDX 4160RDS
CDXC 560RDS
CDXC 760RDS
CDXC 860RDS
CDXC 910RDS
XR 3503MK2
XR 3690RDS
XR 3700RDS
XR 6690RDSXR 6700RDS
XR 6759RDS
XR 6859RDS
XTCC 200RDS
MDXC 670RDS
MDXC 7890RDS
MDXC 7900RDS
XRC 580RDS
XRC 5800RDS
XRC 650RDS
XRC 653SP
XRC 7200RDS
XRC 750RDS
XRC 8100RDS
XRC 850RDS
XRC 900RDSXRC 100
XRC 101
XRC 102
XRC 110
XRC 111
XRC 113
XRC 180
XRC 220
XRC 223
XRC 503
XRC 290RDS
XRC 300RDS
XRC 4170RDS
XRC 500RDS

Sorry about my poor English...

Thanks in advance!

Esa

mayhemkrew

If you cannot locate a diagram, the one thing you can do is just go buy a
new stereo at like best buy or something, look at the wire harness it comes
with, write your info down, then return. The wire harnesses in the boxes
are usually right on top of the box when you open em, so you will not have
to worry about repackaging it all back up and everything.

"Esa Nikulainen" wrote in message
[...]

David

If you have a meter, you can test the plug for the constant power wire (pin
16) location by probing the fuse with one probe and probing each of the pins
with the other probe until you have the correct one.

Then you can use pin 16 as a reference for the others!

Hope the info helps,

David
UnderTheDash.com