Bill

Default Help shopping for an 8 inch subwoofer

I got an extended cab 'yota pickup. 4"ers up front; 5.25ers in the rear. Got
room to drop a sealed box in a storage bin behind drivers seat. I got the
box figured at less than 1/2 cubic feet and 5 inches deep. Any
recommendations for a newer or older model woofer?

BILL

Bill

Thanks for the link. However, I am looking for a recommendation on the sub
driver itself. I can handle building the box. I need something to go low and
loud for an 8 inch speaker. Will work in a .5 cu ft sealed and be no more
than 5" deep.
"Bill" wrote in message
I got an extended cab 'yota pickup. 4"ers up front; 5.25ers in the rear.

Got
room to drop a sealed box in a storage bin behind drivers seat. I got

the
box figured at less than 1/2 cubic feet and 5 inches deep. Any
recommendations for a newer or older model woofer?

BILL

Trey Bradshaw

I had a similar delimma with my single cab hardbody. Here's the list of
speakers I found that were really shallow:

PPI PC10 - 4.56"

Focal 27H, 27k - 4.63"

Focal 27wx, 27vx - 4.7"

Illusion Audio LM or ND - really shallow (4")

Now, these are all measurements for 10" subs, but if they make an 8"
variant, I'm sure it's just a shallow or more so. How do they sound? No
clue. Supposedly the Illusion Audios are great for SQ and I knew a guy w/ a
PPI 12 that sounded pretty awesome, but that's been a while back.

Good luck
trey