BC Drums

Default Would these speakers be low-passed?

I want to replace the stock speakers in a Toyota Highlander with
something better. The sock speakers are very boomy, with +8dB boost from
125hz down. I plan to keep the factory radio/cd.

The stock speakers in the front door are a 1.5" tweeter at the top of
the door and a 6.5 (or 6.75, according to Crutchfield) speaker at the
bottom of the door.

This looks like a component speaker system, but i wonder if it really
is. I am wondering if there is a low pass filter on the bottom speaker.
If there weren't, I would just put new coaxials in their place and leave
the factory tweeter alone. Does anyone know, or is there a way to tell
if the bottom speakers have low pass on them?

Also, can anyone recommend a good 6.5 coax speaker that is efficient?
I'm guessing the factory radio is not putting out a lot of power.

Thanks
BC

BC Drums

I listened to the bottom speakers in this setup while spinning the
treble control, and I think they AREN'T low passed, that they get a gull
bandwith signal. SO...what's a good 6.5" Coaxial speaker that'll run off
the (likely low-power) stock head unit?

BC