Posted to rec.audio.pro
w5kcm w5kcm is offline

Default M-Audio Omni I/O Delta 66

I recently picked up the Omni I/O and Delta 66 system on Ebay. My
question is the direct outputs on the Omni I/O. Should I be hearing
audio from the PC/Delta 66 card without the Omni powered on? With the
Omni powered on, I have normal clean audio from the direct outputs.
With the omni powered off, I have a broken distorted audio from the
Direct Outs 1 and 2. Other than this the Omni I/O works well with the
Delta 66 card. Any info on this is most appreciated.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

w5kcm wrote:

I recently picked up the Omni I/O and Delta 66 system on Ebay. My
question is the direct outputs on the Omni I/O. Should I be hearing
audio from the PC/Delta 66 card without the Omni powered on? With the
Omni powered on, I have normal clean audio from the direct outputs.
With the omni powered off, I have a broken distorted audio from the
Direct Outs 1 and 2. Other than this the Omni I/O works well with the
Delta 66 card. Any info on this is most appreciated.

Seems to indicate that those outputs are buffered with an opamp, it's
probably OK.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
w5kcm w5kcm is offline

On Dec 26 2007, 2:20*am, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
w5kcm wrote:
I recently picked up the Omni I/O and Delta 66 system on Ebay. My
question is the direct outputs on the Omni I/O. Should I be hearing
audio from the PC/Delta 66 card without the Omni powered on? With the
Omni powered on, I have normal clean audio from the direct outputs.
With the omni powered off, I have a broken distorted audio from the
Direct Outs 1 and 2. Other than this the Omni I/O works well with the
Delta 66 card. Any info on this is most appreciated.

Seems to indicate that those outputs are buffered with an opamp, it's
probably OK.

* *Kind regards

* *Peter Larsen

Thanks for the info Peter. ,