Challenger

Default Boston 8" subs enclosures

I am running 2 separate Boston Acoustics Pro Series 8" subs in separate
boxes in the trunk of my 2000 VW Jetta.
I have them located facing towards the front right up to the back of the
rear seat which I think sounds better than facing them to the rear. Would
there be any benefits in going to a single sub box that can house both 8"
subs in a sealed enclosure? Being separated in the middle of course.
Just like the enclosures out there for 10" and 12" subs.

sanitarium

In my dual sub systems thats how I always do it.

Mount the subs close together, separate the air chambers with a common wall
in the middle.

Garrett

"Challenger" wrote in message
I am running 2 separate Boston Acoustics Pro Series 8" subs in separate
boxes in the trunk of my 2000 VW Jetta.
I have them located facing towards the front right up to the back of the
rear seat which I think sounds better than facing them to the rear. Would
there be any benefits in going to a single sub box that can house both 8"
subs in a sealed enclosure? Being separated in the middle of course.
Just like the enclosures out there for 10" and 12" subs.

Paul Vina

There won't be any audible difference but it'll be easier to handle.

Paul Vina

"Challenger" wrote in message
I am running 2 separate Boston Acoustics Pro Series 8" subs in separate
boxes in the trunk of my 2000 VW Jetta.
I have them located facing towards the front right up to the back of the
rear seat which I think sounds better than facing them to the rear. Would
there be any benefits in going to a single sub box that can house both 8"
subs in a sealed enclosure? Being separated in the middle of course.
Just like the enclosures out there for 10" and 12" subs.

For Sale or Trade....Image Dyanamics Subs Douglas Conder Car Audio 0 September 9th 03 01:43 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM
Subwoofer direction Doobie-Doo Car Audio 108 August 13th 03 04:15 PM
Boston 8" Pro subs in trunk? Chall70 Car Audio 1 July 6th 03 05:56 AM