Liner

Default iPOD vs Alpine CDA-9815? Which is better?

Hi folks,

I'm debating whether or not to get an iPOD with FM transmitter
(Grifften technologies)
or go with an Alpine MP3 player headunit like the 9815. I'm not sure
what the pros
and cons are but am interested if anyone has compared these two set
ups in terms
of convenience, quality, ease, and price!

Thanks,

Liner
Dan J.S.

"Liner" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

I'm debating whether or not to get an iPOD with FM transmitter
(Grifften technologies)
or go with an Alpine MP3 player headunit like the 9815. I'm not sure
what the pros
and cons are but am interested if anyone has compared these two set
ups in terms
of convenience, quality, ease, and price!

Thanks,

Liner

I have a 2003 4 runner with the nav system, so i can't change out my stereo.
I have yet to get good sound from my ipod and fm transmitter. I tried 4 of
them so far. Did not try the Grifften one... I ended up getting an XM radio
installed - it is a direct connect to the antenna. Sounds awesome. They also
threw in an extra aux port, but have yet to use my mp3s.... with so many
songs on XM..

Dan

My Name

You can do both if you really want...

I have a 9815, and instead of hooking up a CD changer I bought a $15 cable
that alpine sells that lets you use the CD changer hookup as an AUX input,
then I bought a $5 RCA to Stereo Miniplug cable from radioshack which comes
out underneath the center console so I can hook up my buddies IPOD to my HU
when he happens to be riding along..

I mainly use mp3 cd's as I have a riovolt portable mp3 cd player that I use
indoors as well.

"Liner" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

I'm debating whether or not to get an iPOD with FM transmitter
(Grifften technologies)
or go with an Alpine MP3 player headunit like the 9815. I'm not sure
what the pros
and cons are but am interested if anyone has compared these two set
ups in terms
of convenience, quality, ease, and price!

Thanks,

Liner

---

Steve

The iPod with the FM will be good but very limited for sound quality
when compared to a regular CD. MP3's don't sound as good as factory CD's
in either case and the iPod will take a bit of a sound hit going through
FM instead of a direct connect. The iPod is amazing for selection
though. In that area it can't be beat. If you need the fidelity of a CD,
get the deck and use regular CD's. If fast selection is what you want,
then go for the iPod. It makes an awesome jukebox. If sound quality is
the ticket, use regular CD's (Not MP3 CD's).

Hope that helps.