Sam Carleton

Default Enclosure Size & Speaker Placement of Mid Range

I have a set of Boston Acoustics ProSeries speakers that are going
into my car. The set is made up of the 6.5" woofer, and the 4.5
System (the 4" driver, tweeter, and crossover). An electronic
crossover will be used to separate the 6.5" from the 4.5 System.

Enclosure Size:

How big should I make the enclosure for the 4" driver? Boston
Acoustics recommends .2 cubic feet. I would like to go with the
recommendation, assuming there aren't any advantages in going with a
smaller enclosure, considering I have the 6.5" for the midbass.

What are the pro's and con's of a large enclosure and of a small
one?

Speaker Placement:

I am going to be placing the 6.5" in the door, the tweeters in the
window pillar, and the 4" in a custom dash pod. In designing the
dash pod, I will need to figure out what placement sounds best.
Assuming I opt for a .2 cubic feet enclosure, how to I go about
building a temporary one to figure the best speaker placement?

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will