A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Vacuum Tubes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Tone Burst Testing



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 3rd 13, 03:54 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 500
Default Tone Burst Testing


Hi,

my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
build yourself quite cheaply.

It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
cycles at any audio frequency.

Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
performance testing.

http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm

For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
condenser mic and preamp.

The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.


.... Phil




Ads
  #2  
Old May 20th 13, 09:04 PM
John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member
 
First recorded activity by AudioBanter: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 301
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Allison[_3_] View Post
Hi,

my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
build yourself quite cheaply.

It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
cycles at any audio frequency.

Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
performance testing.

http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm

For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
condenser mic and preamp.

The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.


.... Phil
Hey Phil I like that circuit. Better than mine! But as always there are many roads to Rome.

Cheers, John
  #3  
Old April 13th 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Tone Burst Testing

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 7:54:38 PM UTC-7, Phil Allison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
> build yourself quite cheaply.
>
> It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
> cycles at any audio frequency.
>
> Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
> performance testing.
>
> http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm
>
> For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
> condenser mic and preamp.
>
> The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.
>
>
> ... Phil


I have been unable to connect to the link you indicated. If it is not still available, could you send me whatever info (schematic, photo, write-up?) was there? Thank you. Les Orr >
  #4  
Old April 14th 17, 09:10 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Tone Burst Testing

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 9:16:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 7:54:38 PM UTC-7, Phil Allison wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
> > build yourself quite cheaply.
> >
> > It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
> > cycles at any audio frequency.
> >
> > Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
> > performance testing.
> >
> > http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm
> >
> > For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
> > condenser mic and preamp.
> >
> > The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.
> >
> >
> > ... Phil

>
> I have been unable to connect to the link you indicated. If it is not still available, could you send me whatever info (schematic, photo, write-up?) was there? Thank you. Les Orr >


Copy the link & then Google it. That works OK. For me, anyway.

Cheers to all still standing. Back on the bike again for the season the other day. getting rickety now at 84 years.

John L Stewart
  #5  
Old May 1st 17, 10:37 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,964
Default Tone Burst Testing

Mr Stewart said......

Copy the link & then Google it. That works OK. For me, anyway.

Cheers to all still standing. Back on the bike again for the season the other day. getting rickety now at 84 years.

John L Stewart S

Ricketty at 84? Yeah, I think I know that feeling; I had double TKR and 12 weeks later I am quite convinced that "tha olda I git, tha betta I woz".
climbing back on bike required I need to build one with shorter cranks, and then havin to ask the young blokes as they wizz past, "wot took ya so long ?"

I am not sure I want to burst any tones, or tone any burts, or otherwize farnarcle about in shed wundrin why I am inna shed.
Watch out for Aunty Destinee, she's a bitch, right?
Patrick Turner
  #6  
Old May 30th 17, 03:25 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Tone Burst Testing

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 5:37:10 AM UTC-4, Patrick Turner wrote:
> Mr Stewart said......
>
> Copy the link & then Google it. That works OK. For me, anyway.
>
> Cheers to all still standing. Back on the bike again for the season the other day. getting rickety now at 84 years.
>
> John L Stewart S
>
> Ricketty at 84? Yeah, I think I know that feeling; I had double TKR and 12 weeks later I am quite convinced that "tha olda I git, tha betta I woz".
> climbing back on bike required I need to build one with shorter cranks, and then havin to ask the young blokes as they wizz past, "wot took ya so long ?"
>
> I am not sure I want to burst any tones, or tone any burts, or otherwize farnarcle about in shed wundrin why I am inna shed.
> Watch out for Aunty Destinee, she's a bitch, right?
> Patrick Turner


In poor shape this spring season, the winter did not provide enough cross country skiing. Gained 10 lbs of chicken fat, gotta wear it off. So starting off easy, 40-45 km every other day. So last week wuz 160 km, 100 miles in the Excited States of America. Great to get on the bike again, even better to get back.

My drugs aren't as good as those Lance Armstrong wuz on, I don't go as fast or as far. Wonder what I'm missing? NTL, Lance is still a fantastic athlete IMO, no matter what others may think.

Still messing in the lab with electronics, mostly test, measurement & theory.

Cheers to all. And hope I can make it back here again by this afternoon!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amplifier Burst Testing John L Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 April 8th 13 07:04 AM
Cascode Amp responds to Large Signal Burst John L Stewart Vacuum Tubes 4 March 28th 13 04:27 AM
LC with full power sine wave burst tests. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 0 October 31st 04 02:54 PM
EAC and Burst Mode..... Alex Pro Audio 0 December 4th 03 09:57 PM
Black Burst Toaster and Panasonic AGMX70 grpcreach Pro Audio 1 August 7th 03 08:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.