Matt

Default having trouble telling if I'm buying the right version of reason

Hey guys, i'm trying to buy Reason version 3.0 online at
http://www.academicsuperstore.com, but some of my friends have told me
that the version they sell may be the academic version, which is much
more limited in uses than I would like. I even called guitar center and
that's what they thought, only because $199 is so much cheaper than the
$449 they sell it there. Here's the link for efficiency's sake:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/ma...qk_srch=reason

Is anyone familiar with this site? If so, do you know if this is the
full version of not? Because nothing in the description leads me to
believe it isn't. Thanks. -- Matt

Fred Thompson

"Matt" wrote in message oups.com...
Hey guys, i'm trying to buy Reason version 3.0 online at
http://www.academicsuperstore.com, but some of my friends have told me
that the version they sell may be the academic version, which is much
more limited in uses than I would like. I even called guitar center and
that's what they thought, only because $199 is so much cheaper than the
$449 they sell it there. Here's the link for efficiency's sake:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/ma...qk_srch=reason

Well, considering there's a student / teacher etc. eligibility chart at the top of the page,
I'd say it's a good bet this is the "academic" version, wouldn't you?

Fred

Is anyone familiar with this site? If so, do you know if this is the
full version of not? Because nothing in the description leads me to
believe it isn't. Thanks. -- Matt

Travis Garrison

Matt wrote:
Hey guys, i'm trying to buy Reason version 3.0 online at
http://www.academicsuperstore.com, but some of my friends have told me
that the version they sell may be the academic version

(snip)

From what I can gather in the FAQ, the software available on this site

is fully-functional unless noted otherwise. I am not aware of any
"academic version" of Reason. There is a "lite" version called Reason
Adapted that ships with some sound cards, but that would probably be
explicitly stated if this site were selling that version.

For what it's worth, I've ordered a few pieces of software from various
vendors with academic discounts, and I've never received anything other
than the fully functioning professional versions.

Travis Garrison

Matt

Thanks fpr the advice. I agree i think they would have made it really
clear if it wasn't the full version. I guess the price got me. It's
rare that you can get $450 software for $200. But thanks again. -- Matt

Joe Kesselman

Matt wrote:
rare that you can get $450 software for $200.

*IF* you can legitimately qualify for academic discounts, they're often
a good deal. Manufacturers/publishers hope to get the students addicted
early so they'll keep preferring and buying that brand later in their
careers, and they realize that students often decide primarily on price.

Matt

I did go to the propellerheads website and they had no mention of any
"reason academic". There's a teaching package but I don't think it
comes with the software. Anybody even seen an academic version? -- Matt

Buying refurbished -- good idea? (NAD C320BEE) Scott Lester High End Audio 2 June 12th 04 05:50 PM
Buying 230V electronics in US Manish Jagtap Pro Audio 5 February 23rd 04 11:50 AM
turntable volume trouble, help needed. Doug Tech 3 September 21st 03 03:58 AM
buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 4 August 25th 03 08:29 PM
Buying gear on Ebay --- how do you convert US 110 Volts to Europe 220 Volts? Vernon Boyce Pro Audio 3 August 11th 03 04:32 PM