Richard Blackwood

Default USB streaming hi-fi's

I've seen some micro hi-fi's advertised with " 2 way USB PC connection", as
well as playing your mp3's stored on your PC through this stereo....would it
also allow you to record from, say the cassette on the hi-fi, to software on
your PC?

This would be a very handy way for me to transfer old recordings from tape
onto mp3's onto cd.

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

You can already do this, without paying an arm and a leg for new equipment.
I have recorded numerous cds from old vinyl records, cassetes etc.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
I've seen some micro hi-fi's advertised with " 2 way USB PC connection",

as
well as playing your mp3's stored on your PC through this stereo....would

it
also allow you to record from, say the cassette on the hi-fi, to software

on
your PC?

This would be a very handy way for me to transfer old recordings from tape
onto mp3's onto cd.

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

The Open Sourceror's Apprentice

"Richard Blackwood" wrote in
:

I've seen some micro hi-fi's advertised with " 2 way USB PC connection",
as well as playing your mp3's stored on your PC through this
stereo....would it also allow you to record from, say the cassette on
the hi-fi, to software on your PC?

This would be a very handy way for me to transfer old recordings from
tape onto mp3's onto cd.

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Seen one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RDX-150

Can't honestly say I have anything on cassette that I'd bother to digitize,
and although I have LPs and 45s, currently I have no turntable, so I have no
need for the device.

--
Tired of spam in your mailbox?
Come to http://www.spamblocked.com
Richard Blackwood

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
You can already do this, without paying an arm and a leg for new
equipment. I have recorded numerous cds from old vinyl records,
cassetes etc.

How have you done it?

Richard Blackwood

The Open Sourceror's Apprentice wrote:

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Seen one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RDX-150

Can't honestly say I have anything on cassette that I'd bother to
digitize, and although I have LPs and 45s, currently I have no
turntable, so I have no need for the device.

I have quite a few cassettes that i want to convert. I thought this would
be quite an easy way to do it. I need a new hi-fi for my spare room anyway
so.....

binary

Richard Blackwood wrote:
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice wrote:

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Seen one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RDX-150

Can't honestly say I have anything on cassette that I'd bother to
digitize, and although I have LPs and 45s, currently I have no
turntable, so I have no need for the device.

I have quite a few cassettes that i want to convert. I thought this would
be quite an easy way to do it. I need a new hi-fi for my spare room anyway
so.....

I must be missing something. How is this different from plugging the
tapedeck output into the soundcard in your computer? What value does
this gizmo add?

Or is the real value in the bundled software? Surely you can buy Nero
software without the hardware box.

bin

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

Just connect the rec out of tape2 in your amplifier with a RCA/stereo
headphone jack to the line in input of your sound card.Then, with a
recording programm like the AV Rack which I am using (refrain from freeware
as they are usually full of spyware) record the tape.record on your hard
drive.Then, with a burning programm like nero burn them on cd.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
Ï "Richard Blackwood" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
You can already do this, without paying an arm and a leg for new
equipment. I have recorded numerous cds from old vinyl records,
cassetes etc.

How have you done it?

binary

Re your comment about freeware being full of spywa

If you know of any spyware included in programs used for audio
processing, then post the information here. Those reading this newsgroup
will be very grateful for the information.

I am using Wave Repair and I am not aware of any spyware included in it.

bin

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
Just connect the rec out of tape2 in your amplifier with a RCA/stereo
headphone jack to the line in input of your sound card.Then, with a
recording programm like the AV Rack which I am using (refrain from freeware
as they are usually full of spyware) record the tape.record on your hard
drive.Then, with a burning programm like nero burn them on cd.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitriïs
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
Ï "Richard Blackwood" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:

You can already do this, without paying an arm and a leg for new
equipment. I have recorded numerous cds from old vinyl records,
cassetes etc.

How have you done it?

Richard Blackwood

binary wrote:
Richard Blackwood wrote:
The Open Sourceror's Apprentice wrote:

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Seen one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RDX-150

Can't honestly say I have anything on cassette that I'd bother to
digitize, and although I have LPs and 45s, currently I have no
turntable, so I have no need for the device.

I have quite a few cassettes that i want to convert. I thought this
would be quite an easy way to do it. I need a new hi-fi for my
spare room anyway so.....

I must be missing something. How is this different from plugging the
tapedeck output into the soundcard in your computer? What value does
this gizmo add?

Or is the real value in the bundled software? Surely you can buy Nero
software without the hardware box.

I dont have a tape deck only cd player.

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

yes indeed it was cdwav and installed some spyware which I found with
regedit and could be removed only with format be careful what you download

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitri?s
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
[...]

binary

Richard Blackwood wrote:
binary wrote:

Richard Blackwood wrote:

The Open Sourceror's Apprentice wrote:

Anyone got one of these gizmo's?

Seen one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RDX-150

Can't honestly say I have anything on cassette that I'd bother to
digitize, and although I have LPs and 45s, currently I have no
turntable, so I have no need for the device.

I have quite a few cassettes that i want to convert. I thought this
would be quite an easy way to do it. I need a new hi-fi for my
spare room anyway so.....

I must be missing something. How is this different from plugging the
tapedeck output into the soundcard in your computer? What value does
this gizmo add?

Or is the real value in the bundled software? Surely you can buy Nero
software without the hardware box.

I dont have a tape deck only cd player.

The gizmo linked above at www.geeks.com will not play the tapes for you.
You still need a tape player to plug into it.

Richard Blackwood

binary wrote:
Richard Blackwood wrote:
binary wrote:

Richard Blackwood wrote:

[...]

Ah, sorry the item I was originally referring to were micro style 'hi-fi's
like you might use in a kitchen or small bedroom. They have the usual CD
player/radio/cassette/speakers but some have usb ports which allow
'streaming' to or from the PC. I beleive they are intended for connecting
to your pc and playing mp3 collecteins for example from a 'hi-fi' rather
than through your pc speakers.

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/284_235881.html

Why people wouldnt just burn cd's and play them I dont quite follow, but
what I want to know is can it go the other way around? i.e. can you play a
cassette on these 'hi-fi' and record through your pc with something like
Nero wave editor or audacity?

Many thanks.

John Beardmore

In message , Richard Blackwood
writes

Why people wouldnt just burn cd's and play them I dont quite follow,

Because it takes time, and a CDDA CD just isn't very long !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore