Resuming Music Stream After Playing A Local MP3 File.

Old July 5th 18, 05:08 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Sergio Tirado

Default Resuming Music Stream After Playing A Local MP3 File.

I’m looking for an audio solution to play music on a manufacturing plant while being able to interrupt the music stream from time to time, to play local MP3 files with reminders and other things.

I have implemented the solution to some extent, but I haven't found a way to resume the music stream after playing a local MP3 file. I'm using Spotify for the music stream and a program named foobar2000 with a WASAPI plugin to play the local MP3 files in exclusive mode.

So, people on the production floor listen to Spotify while working but then, at a given time, a task scheduler fires up foobar2000 which plays a local MP3 with a reminder of some sort in exclusive mode under Windows 7, so the production operators get to listen to the reminder. However, after they listen to it, they are left with only silence and someone has to walk up to the PC where Spotify is running to get it to play the music stream again.

I once had it working but instead of foobar2000 I was using Windows Media Player and after the local MP3 file played, Spotify resumed and keep on playing. The reason I had it working is because I found an article that showed how to configure Windows Media Player to use exclusive mode, but everything I get on Google searches is people saying that it can't be done, so I finally gave up.

Anybody knows how I could implement this?
Old July 5th 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 05/07/2018 17:08, Sergio Tirado wrote:
> I once had it working but instead of foobar2000 I was using Windows Media Player and after the local MP3 file played, Spotify resumed and keep on playing. The reason I had it working is because I found an article that showed how to configure Windows Media Player to use exclusive mode, but everything I get on Google searches is people saying that it can't be done, so I finally gave up.
>
> Anybody knows how I could implement this?

You may need to upgrade the Windows licence to permit Media Player to
work, as Windows 8 and 10 are a bit picky about media in certain versions.

Otherwise, you could possibly use a batch program to start foobar2000,
play the mp3, then restart Spotify.

Also, the procedure here may work using an Android tablet as the playout
device, though timed playout of the local stuff may be a problem:-

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...es-on-my-phone

Alternatively, you can set Spotify to add local files to its playlist:-

https://support.spotify.com/us/using...o-local-files/

Google also found this, but I've not downloaded and tried it. Don't
install it on a live system until you've checked it. :-

http://rutrackerfolio.weebly.com/blo...tware-download
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old July 5th 18, 08:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Sergio Tirado

Thank you John, your suggestion about using a batch program solved my problem.

REMINDER.BAT
taskkill /f /im Spotify.exe /t
C:\Musica-Piso\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /hide /add "C:\Users\recepcion\Music\Voceo\recordatorio-tiempo-extra-magda.MP3" /immediate /play
C:\Musica-Piso\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /exit
DEL /Q C:\Musica-Piso\foobar2000\playlists-v1.3\*.*
C:\Musica-Piso\spotify.vbs

SPOTIFY.VBS
Comandline = "C:\Users\recepcion\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotif y.exe"
WScript.sleep 500
CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run("spotify:user:sp otifylaylist:37i9dQZF1DXdJwL20ZYRQw")
WScript.sleep 3000
WshShell.SendKeys " "
WScript.sleep 100
WshShell.SendKeys "^{RIGHT}"

Old July 17th 18, 03:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 12:08:24 PM UTC-4, Sergio Tirado wrote:
> I’m looking for an audio solution to play music on a manufacturing plant while being able to interrupt the music stream from time to time, to play local MP3 files with reminders and other things.
>
> I have implemented the solution to some extent, but I haven't found a way to resume the music stream after playing a local MP3 file. I'm using Spotify for the music stream and a program named foobar2000 with a WASAPI plugin to play the local MP3 files in exclusive mode.
>
> So, people on the production floor listen to Spotify while working but then, at a given time, a task scheduler fires up foobar2000 which plays a local MP3 with a reminder of some sort in exclusive mode under Windows 7, so the production operators get to listen to the reminder. However, after they listen to it, they are left with only silence and someone has to walk up to the PC where Spotify is running to get it to play the music stream again.
>
> I once had it working but instead of foobar2000 I was using Windows Media Player and after the local MP3 file played, Spotify resumed and keep on playing. The reason I had it working is because I found an article that showed how to configure Windows Media Player to use exclusive mode, but everything I get on Google searches is people saying that it can't be done, so I finally gave up.
>
> Anybody knows how I could implement this?

I do this with an Orban 1101 card. It runs as a two different windows wav outputs. You can assign your different apps to one of each of the virtual outputs. Then use a triggered batch file with terminal commands to switch mixer inputs on the card. I think you could likely do something similar with a Lynx, Audio Science, or Digigram card. The benefit of the Orban card is that it has audio processing on board, has AES output, and balanced analog outputs. This is very useful for feeding a PA system.