Which organ models did / does Ray Manzarek play?

Old July 4th 18, 03:06 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Which organ models did / does Ray Manzarek play?

On Wednesday, December 6, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, RSG wrote:
> I am curious what Ray Manzarek's usual keyboard setup was / is when
> he was back in the Doors and also currently, as in the VH1
> Storytellers episode (is it the same?). I know that he plays a Vox but
> I don't know which model, and what are the others? Thanks a lot!
>
> RSG

A lot of responses, and a lot of misinformation. Initially, Ray used an American-made Vox Continental organ, but he got fed up with it because the cheap plastic keys kept breaking. He needed an organ with a flat top for the Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, and the Gibson G-101 fit the bill. Though similar to a Farfisa the Gibson had better quality and much better sound.