Posted to rec.audio.tech
TBerk TBerk is offline

Default Dolby 5.1 SUB output to stereo amp and dual VC Sub

The Dolby 5.1 box has a single dedicated SUB output and I want to send
it to a Sony amp I have which will in turn drive a passive dual voice
coil sub.

My question is, do I:

1. Run a single rca cord from the receiver to a single channel of the
amp and then on to the sub?

2. Run a Y split rca cord to both LEFT & RIGHT inputs on the amp,
providing both coils on the sub with power.

3. Run a single rca from the receiver to say the LEFT side of the amp
and hook the sub up to both the Main and Remote LEFT channels of the
Amp, one coil each. (This ignores the BOTH & RIGHT choices on the Amp
altogether.)

My intuition is leaning towards option three.

TBerk

Dolby 3 Stereo CLM in ND Tech 0 December 27th 06 01:18 AM
FA: Tonite>REALISTIC SCP-32 STEREO CASSETTE PLAYBACK DECK>DOLBY NR cooltube Marketplace 0 May 14th 05 03:05 PM
FA: $10>REALISTIC SCP-32 STEREO CASSETTE PLAYBACK DECK>DOLBY NR cooltube Marketplace 0 May 11th 05 02:54 AM
For Sale: Toyota 16404 Full Logic Dolby Cassette AM/FM Car stereo Luke Perry Car Audio 3 November 18th 04 04:03 AM
Does Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround mean it's in stereo? jim Audio Opinions 6 July 23rd 03 06:21 PM