Mr. Bigstuff

Default Directed 1500d question

How many amps will 2 of these draw? More than an Audiobahn A2200HCT??
Thanks.

John Durbin

About 250 amps at full output into minimum rated load (2 x 1 ohm or
bridged in series to 2 ohm), 14.4V... good for about 2500 watts and 70%
efficiency under those conditions.

JD

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

How many amps will 2 of these draw? More than an Audiobahn A2200HCT??
Thanks.

Mr. Bigstuff

Ahh good ole JD. Got my 1500d today. Forst impressions are good. Feels
solid. Its running at 1ohm and not even getting warm. Very nice. Where in
gods name are you supposed to get 350 amps? Do people have 2nd alternators
put on just for 2 of these or is there something to be done with batteries
or something? Thanks.

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

How many amps will 2 of these draw? More than an Audiobahn A2200HCT??
Thanks.

Brandonb

It was 250 amps, and that's both at 1 ohm going full tilt, which really
only happens in very rare circumstances.. like burping at a soundoff or
such, which is only for a metter of seconds. And yes, those people that
require that kind of amperage typically do upgrade their alternators.
Normal listening is going to be much less power-hungry. If you're
charging system starts to suffer, like headlights dimming excessivly,
etc, then you may want to consider upgrading your alternator and/or
battery.

Brandonb

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

How many amps will 2 of these draw? More than an Audiobahn A2200HCT??
Thanks.

Scott Gardner

That's not uncommon, especially with those high-output alternators.
At idle, they often don't have any more current capacity than a stock
alternator. In fact, some of them have even *less* output at idle
than stock.

Scott Gardner

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:13:41 -0500, "Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote:

I have a custom made 200 amp alternator for my car...(said that was a big as
they could make it) a yellow top up front and my head light are still
dimming at a stop after a couple of seconds.