lanesra

Default CD Changer Cable

Hi,

I have a Phillips RC026 CD changer but require the bus lead to connect it to
a R770 head unit fitted to a Freelander. Can anyone recommend any suitable
outlets I can aquire this from?

Thanks,
Roddy.

Andy Pandy

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:32:54 -0000, "lanesra"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a Phillips RC026 CD changer but require the bus lead to connect it to
a R770 head unit fitted to a Freelander. Can anyone recommend any suitable
outlets I can aquire this from?

Thanks,
Roddy.

I got mine from

http://www.huetcaraudio.co.uk/

Not cheap though. Over £40 IIRC.

Andy

thecameraman

"lanesra" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Phillips RC026 CD changer but require the bus lead to connect it

a R770 head unit fitted to a Freelander. Can anyone recommend any suitable
outlets I can aquire this from?

Thanks,
Roddy.

Have you checked that the R770 has got the socket for the cable. My 416 had
a 770 but the socket on the back of the radio to accept the cable had no
pins in it. In the end I fitted a R860
Regards

Charles Kooij

thecameraman wrote:

"lanesra" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Phillips RC026 CD changer but require the bus lead to connect it

a R770 head unit fitted to a Freelander. Can anyone recommend any suitable
outlets I can aquire this from?

Thanks,
Roddy.

Have you checked that the R770 has got the socket for the cable. My 416 had
a 770 but the socket on the back of the radio to accept the cable had no
pins in it. In the end I fitted a R860
Regards

While we're on the subject - how can I identify what model my MY2000 3dr
Freelander's head unit is? It's a single CD model, with a long
horizontally mounted LCD. Lots of unconnected cables behind it, which I
imagine are the bits to connect a CD changer. The manual for the radio
is part number LRL0136AUS (Australian model, natch)

There are, typically, no model numbers or markings on the unit's front.

ck

--
http://homepage.mac.com/charles.kooij/PhotoAlbum3.html
Andy

Has it got the BMW type connection on the back?

Andy

"Charles Kooij" wrote in message
news:1gqclv5.1ttrbnk1g4jvutN%charleskooijonusenet@ mac.com...