wideglide340

the only thing worse for reception than a power antenna is usually an in
glass. you should go to a fixed mass antenna for the best reception.
even one that you can manuallly raise and lower like th harada (antenna
works/metra) kl15 antenna would be much better than a powwer. remember
any time you add moving parts you get the chance to hurt reception

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811

Default question about replacing broken power antenna (going back to stock in-glass)

I have a 96 honda accord that had bad FM reception with the in-glass
(rear windows) antenna that came stock. I switched to a power antenna
that finally broke off after 5 years. I would like to go back to my
stock in-glass antenna since a power antenna made no difference in FM
reception. This way I can avoid spending for a replacement and having
to always remember to keep it down during carwashes. If I remove the
power antenna base (which now looks mangled), is there a neat way to
plug up the hole that looks acceptable and prevents corrosion?