Don Joe

Default any headunits that don't produce gaps between mp3s?

I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without providing
moments of silence between each mp3 to load the next one. I don't see why
manufacturers can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of any that have this capability or one of the 05 models
that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Don
Warren Bryant

Don Joe wrote:

I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without providing
moments of silence between each mp3 to load the next one. I don't see why
manufacturers can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of any that have this capability or one of the 05 models
that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Don

My Alpine doesn't present any gaps that I did not include in a cuesheet
when playing back mp3's. Are you sure it's not your disks?
Rick Brandt

Warren Bryant wrote:
Don Joe wrote:

I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without
providing moments of silence between each mp3 to load the next one. I don't
see why manufacturers can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of any that have this capability or one of the 05
models that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Don

My Alpine doesn't present any gaps that I did not include in a
cuesheet when playing back mp3's. Are you sure it's not your disks?

Agreed, MusicMatch (what I use for burning) has an option for including a 2
second gap between tracks. Whatever your using to burn your disks is likely
doing the same.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...

Sean Scott

"Warren Bryant" wrote in message
Don Joe wrote:

I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without providing
moments of silence between each mp3 to load the next one. I don't see
why
manufacturers can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of any that have this capability or one of the 05 models
that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Don

My Alpine doesn't present any gaps that I did not include in a cuesheet
when playing back mp3's. Are you sure it's not your disks?

I know what he means, my car does it too, but I don't mind it, he means when
the headunit is reading the file of the next .mp3 song, there is a pause
just slightly longer than a regular CD pause inbetween songs.

Sean Scott

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
Warren Bryant wrote:
Don Joe wrote:

I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without
providing moments of silence between each mp3 to load the next one. I
don't see why manufacturers can't figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of any that have this capability or one of the 05
models that might be able to do this?

Thanks,
Don

My Alpine doesn't present any gaps that I did not include in a
cuesheet when playing back mp3's. Are you sure it's not your disks?

Agreed, MusicMatch (what I use for burning) has an option for including a
2 second gap between tracks. Whatever your using to burn your disks is
likely doing the same.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...
RBrandt at Hunter dot com

I don't think that is it, because mine does this too but not when I play the
song, even when I skip to a specific track. I think whatever memory or
program the headunit uses to decode .mp3s just isnt powerful enough to do so
as fast as a PC.

jw

Right. Some players can play with no delay; some can't.

"jw" wrote in message
It's the player; some stick a pause in, some don't. I use a nomad zen

for
mp3; it doesn't stick a gap between sings.

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
ink.net...
Nothing to do with the player, it's how you make the discs.

news I'm looking for a headunit that is able to play mp3s without