the engine the engine is offline
Junior Member

Location: North Yorkshire....gods county
Default Rival for the gyrodec ???

After thirty years of moderate spending on my vinyl set up which equals now around £7000, after which I firmly believe the old 'deminishing returns' kick in well and truly, I've settled after sondeks, systemdeks, rega's, technics s1200, (worst of the lot by far , oops sorry ) , avid ( bit dull I found even with an AT cart ) and projects , on the good ole gyro . Brilliant at just about everything but especially sound staging and without a single weak point that I can find .
But today I read about the little Clearaudio Concept' complet with a much praised concept cartridge n mag bearing arm for just £1,650 !
Now I heard a reference deck years ago and to be honest found it a little laid back for the ( then ) astronomic price.
But reviews of this cartridge express more than anything it's lively nature.
So , simply has anyone heard or is using a concept as I would be interested in their thoughts . Especially as it's about the same price as a gyrodec.
Anyone ?
Reason.....a second system for my other room to go with a pair of KEF XQ1's and a roksan kandy 2 integ.