Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
SparkyGuy SparkyGuy is offline

Default New audiophile device brought to our attention

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

SparkyGuy wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

See also ...
http://www.edn.com/article/CA6418215.html

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3 download of the
burn-in signal. I listened to it several times. Now my hearing is
completely burned-in and everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter,
broaderer, warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!

--
~
~ Roy
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Tobiah" wrote ...
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of
your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when
you do too much "burn-in"?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote ...
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of
your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when
you do too much "burn-in"?

I could still buy a cheap CD player to 'sacrifice' to the job
for less money than the device. Not that I am considering for
a moment that there would be any benefit to piping that signal
through any of my equipment.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Tobiah wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

For its magick of course.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Charles Perry Charles Perry is offline

"SparkyGuy" wrote in message
obal.net...
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I think "Politically Incorrect" needs to add them to his product line.

Charles Perry P.E.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
martin griffith martin griffith is offline

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:20:40 -0700, in sci.electronics.design "Richard
Crowley" wrote:

"Tobiah" wrote ...
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of
your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when
you do too much "burn-in"?

I'm just about to market my audio accupunkture kit, which allows you
to treat the bends in cables. like fiberoptics, if you have a bend in
the cable the electrons on the outer curve have to move faster, so I
equalise the cable monopolastic structure.
Make MP3s sound as good as the original Bittormment download.

You have to specify the sample rate of the cable, before purchase

Martin
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message ...

Tobiah wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

For its magick of course.

Graham

The clips and the adapters.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Tobiah wrote:
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

The CD is, of course, digital, and does not have the same effect as the real
device. Well, it does, sort of, but you miss out on all the bits BETWEEN
the digital samples....

geoff

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Roy W. Rising" wrote in
message
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3
download of the burn-in signal. I listened to it several
times. Now my hearing is completely burned-in and
everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter, broaderer,
warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!

Anybody remember the guy who was selling a CD composed of *analog dither*?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

In alt.engineering.electrical Roy W. Rising wrote:
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3 download of the
burn-in signal. I listened to it several times. Now my hearing is
completely burned-in and everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter,
broaderer, warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!

I wonder if Presto (makers of the deep fryer of the same name)
know about this? Wonder what their legal department might say?

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

This is hardly new. Cable burn-in devices have been around for close to 20
years.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Do they make one for fiber optic cables?

Even more important: How well will this work on my 8-track?

--
Paul Hovnanian
The blinking cursor writes; and having writ, blinks on.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Do they make one for fiber optic cables?

Even more important: How well will this work on my 8-track?

You need 4 of them to fully do it justice.

geoff

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
D from BC D from BC is offline

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:22:18 -0700, SparkyGuy
wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I'm wondering if the engineer that made this gizmo will put it on his
resume?

D from BC
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Roy W. Rising" wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I love these things. This one's website has a free mp3 download of the
burn-in signal. I listened to it several times. Now my hearing is
completely burned-in and everything sounds newer, fresher, brighter,
broaderer, warmer and definitely more tubular. I'm thrilled!

Does it whiten your teeth, too?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Do they make one for fiber optic cables?

Even more important: How well will this work on my 8-track?

It's only good for the first seven tracks, so choose your tapes
accordingly.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I'm wondering if the engineer that made this gizmo will put it on his
resume?

Oddly enough, Hagerman (presumably the designer of this gadget) has made
some more-than-decent, well-designed and cost-effective phono preamp designs
over the years. Wonder what happened.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html
Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

I'm wondering if the engineer that made this gizmo will put it on his
resume?
D from BC

Probably. During college, I designed and built and ambience and
presence meter. It didn't do anything useful but was quite impressive
with all the switches, 10 turn pots, meters, flashing lights, b&w
coil, and warning labels plastered all over the minibox. I would walk
around running vague "tests" which were great for getting me into
places where I really didn't belong. Act preoccupied and keep your
eyes on the meters, and you can go almost anywhere. When I eventually
threw together a resume, I needed some filler, so I added a few lines
on the ambience and presence meter. During subsequent interviews, I
could tell which engineers and managers had a clue if they asked what
the hell I was actually measuring.

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Tune in, turn on, burn out.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Robert Baer[_2_] Robert Baer[_2_] is offline

Eeyore wrote:

SparkyGuy wrote:

http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

See also ...
http://www.edn.com/article/CA6418215.html

Graham

So????????
What username and password should we use?????????
Not very useful...
....maybe needs "burnin"?
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

wrote:
[...]

Come on, Jeff. Everyone in the field of electronics knows a
gullibility meter when they see one.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Yeah, but you can do that with a filament transformer.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
bud--[_2_] bud--[_2_] is offline

Originally posted to alt.electrical.engineering but deserving a larger
audience:
http://tinyurl.com/2hnnwx
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Paul Stamler wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Yeah, but you can do that with a filament transformer.

Sure, but it's boring. I'd rather listen to Jaco Pastorius records
for a similar effect.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
HapticZ HapticZ is offline

such a killer "app",
jest kant do wit out it!
itz da godz on-es trooth,
the worldz a better plaze cuz of gajets like this,

(at least for the marketing guys!)

weed heads and crak snorters will dvert their cash to get these, i am sure!

how fast can the asians crank these out, since they now loosin the lead
paint war against us! ;-))

"SparkyGuy" wrote in message
obal.net...
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic:
(note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Just make sure it doesn't play a lot of 8Hz, or *you'll* be the one
loosened up! ;o)

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Andrew Barss[_2_] Andrew Barss[_2_] is offline

:
: Save your pennies! ic:
: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

: See also ...
: http://www.edn.com/article/CA6418215.html

Yeah, like THAT guy knows anything about audio. Sheesh!
Tin-eared ninny.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Tim Williams wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Just make sure it doesn't play a lot of 8Hz, or *you'll* be the one
loosened up! ;o)

Busted by mythbusters I'm afraid.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Michael A. Terrell" hath wroth:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Tune in, turn on, burn out.

Come on, Jeff. Everyone in the field of electronics knows a
gullibility meter when they see one.

I also built a virginity meter in college, but this is a family
newsgroup, so I won't go there.

The ambience and presence meter had a practical basis. In the 1960's,
the various magazines (Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, etc)
had discovered hi-fi. Articles on the topic were epidemic and
interest was high. Many of the articles used superlatives that defied
definition and measurement. "The amplifier has a velvet texture to
the strings", was typical. Ambience and presence were mentioned so
often in these articles, that I decided it was time to cash in and
build a suitable measurement instrument. The plan was to supply a
line of similar instruments, suitable for mass consumption. My
friends and advisors universally agreed that it was a terrible idea,
which provided the necessary incentive. I wasn't quite sure what it
was going to actually measure, but that could be worked on after I
designed the package. As with all my great ideas, I ran out of time,
money, interest, or something, and never progressed beyond the initial
prototype.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Tim Williams wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It
probably doesn't do much for the electronics, but
perhaps the suspension in my loudspeakers could use
some loosening up.

Just make sure it doesn't play a lot of 8Hz, or *you'll*
be the one loosened up! ;o)

Busted by mythbusters I'm afraid.

I've personally experienced it. Mythbusters didn't duplicate our test
procedures.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:32:57 -0400, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message
Tim Williams wrote:
"Jeff Liebermann" wrote

Anyway, I like the idea of the audio conditioner. It probably doesn't
do much for the electronics, but perhaps the suspension in my
loudspeakers could use some loosening up.

Just make sure it doesn't play a lot of 8Hz, or *you'll* be the one
loosened up! ;o)

Busted by mythbusters I'm afraid.

I've personally experienced it. Mythbusters didn't duplicate our test
procedures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note#In_fiction

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

Looks like I over estimated your sense of humor.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
"Loudspeakers"??? Lame term for anything one would wish to call high
end.

Folks still use it.

Most of today's designs are ported.

Acoustic suspension set-ups are rare, no?

Depends. There are still a lot of good sealed-box designs today. For the
most part they aren't as popular as they were 20 years ago because people
today want low end out of a small box more than they want precise low end.
But there are still many made.

"loosening up"? Sheesh, where do you guys get this crap?

From a JAES paper written by Wolfgang Klippel, for example. It's worth
reading. There isn't a HUGE change in compliance with a new driver, but
there is some, and the T-S parameters need to be measured after it's
stabilized.

The DVE disc I posted a link to has all the stimulation signals you
could ever want.

I'll take the Jaco Pastorius record instead, thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mutt Buncher Mutt Buncher is offline

"bud--" wrote in message

Originally posted to alt.electrical.engineering but deserving a larger
audience:
http://tinyurl.com/2hnnwx

Splort!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Rane spoofs themselves -
http://www.rane.com/pdf/old/pi14dat.pdf

Check out the bass on this preamp -
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ckieSRM150.jpg

Regulate that Resonance! -
http://www.shunmook.com/text1.htm

Lumpy

You were the Tidy Bowl Guy?
Yes. I'm cleaning your bathroom bowl.
www.lumpyvoice.org

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
jwvm jwvm is offline

On Sep 27, 4:26 pm, Tobiah wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote ...
SparkyGuy wrote:
http://www.hagtech.com/frybaby.html

Save your pennies! ic: (note tongue-in-cheek emoticon)

What's cool is that they give you a CD with the output
of that device recorded on it. Once you have that,
what do you need the device for?

Because using the generator prevents "burn-out" of
your CD player? Isn't "burn-out" what happens when
you do too much "burn-in"?

I could still buy a cheap CD player to 'sacrifice' to the job
for less money than the device. Not that I am considering for
a moment that there would be any benefit to piping that signal
through any of my equipment.

Sorry but you need an audiophile CD player to play the CD. The
texture, soundstage, chromatic balance and realism will all be
attenuated with a cheap player and result in a biased burn-in. Don't
forget to put green marker around the edge of the CD while you are at
it so restless photons don't mess things up.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
"loosening up"? Sheesh, where do you guys get this crap?

From a JAES paper written by Wolfgang Klippel, for example. It's worth
reading. There isn't a HUGE change in compliance with a new driver, but
there is some, and the T-S parameters need to be measured after it's
stabilized.

Which is only temporary anyway. See Dick Pierce's postings on the subject.

MrT.

New audiophile device brought to our attention SparkyGuy Pro Audio 243 October 20th 07 02:34 AM
McIntoshes Brought Out Of Storage Bob Kos Vacuum Tubes 12 May 23rd 06 11:35 PM
Adobe Audition 1.5: Record from device A, play full mix through device B (while recording?) infamis Pro Audio 15 February 17th 06 07:55 AM
ATTENTION at Don Vacuum Tubes 0 August 27th 04 03:22 AM
Ipod audiophile device? B&D High End Audio 6 August 3rd 04 02:18 AM