Posted to rec.audio.high-end
IsZatSo

Default Denon AVR 3806 setup issue.

Recently purchased the above receiver. Can't get any sound out of
subwoofer energ 8.2. Even though ennuciated in the setup as present.
Unable to use Auddessey sound because sub has a auto power on and off,
heard only unamplified sounds during test. How to get the subwoofer
channel to work. Using optical between denon 3806 and 2910 dvd player.
Suggestions? Further questions for me? I know enough to be dangerous.
TIA I dont want to feed the l and r speakers into the subamp just want
lfe channel.

Does this have something to do with crossover? Do i need a new
subwoofer? (uggh)