Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default The inventor of the Mu Follower - the plot thickens

I have now obtained a copy of the November 1962 Wireless World that Alan
Kimmel told be contained a reference to a circuit similar to the mu
follower. In this edition I found an article entitled 'Bootstrap D.C.
Amplifier' which does indeed show a configuration close to that of a mu
follower.

What is more interesting though is that in the introduction it refers to
two previous articles, viz:

'Economical High Gain A.F Amplification' by A.R Bailey, p25 Jan 1960
issue, and

'The Bootstrap Follower' by G.W. Short, p21 and p79, Jan and Feb 1961
issues.

The latter article sounds very close to a mu follower so my next step is
to get those two issues form the library.

I have posted the November 1962 article on my web site at:

www.ianbell.ukfsn.org/WW

Cheers

Ian