Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
JJTj[_2_] JJTj[_2_] is offline

Default A REAL tube company produces a NEW tube...the E813CC

Just got the new AudioXpress showing in good detail the new
preamp replacement for the 12AX7A. The E813CC. Made in the
old Mullard factory, it is NOT just a clone. I suggest folks
buy the issue (you should subscribe anyway) and/or visit:

www.techtubevalves.com

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

*IF* what they say is real, it should be a very interesting
1st stage tube. I just sent a order today, and will report
ASAP. They are looking into other 12xxxx tubes, and into
6L6/KT66/KT88 designs. ALL made in the UK !!! Finally, we
see a REAL tube company making NEW tubes. NOT just some drunk
with rusting machines decades past being repaired, and no one who
wants to work with their owner(s). This ought to be fun.

JJTj

coming very soon

www.violentluck.com
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Jim[_14_] Jim[_14_] is offline

JJTj wrote:
Just got the new AudioXpress showing in good detail the new
preamp replacement for the 12AX7A. The E813CC. Made in the
old Mullard factory, it is NOT just a clone. I suggest folks
buy the issue (you should subscribe anyway) and/or visit:

www.techtubevalves.com

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

*IF* what they say is real, it should be a very interesting
1st stage tube. I just sent a order today, and will report
ASAP. They are looking into other 12xxxx tubes, and into
6L6/KT66/KT88 designs. ALL made in the UK !!! Finally, we
see a REAL tube company making NEW tubes. NOT just some drunk
with rusting machines decades past being repaired, and no one who
wants to work with their owner(s). This ought to be fun.

JJTj

coming very soon

www.violentluck.com

Did you read this?:

"The input stage of some guitar amplifiers can swamp the sensitivity of
the valve generating microphony so we recommend you not to use this
release of TechTube™ valve in this first valve position..."

$50 plus shipping and any other fees for a tube that won't work right.

I'll stick with my REAL Mullards.
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:30:49 -0800, Jim
wrote:

JJTj wrote:
[...]

I did notice that they seem to be making quite a feature of the
microphony - even with a warning not to tap it. To me this screams
poor construction, with severe cost-cutting in the manufacturing
process. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

JJTj wrote:

Just got the new AudioXpress showing in good detail the new
preamp replacement for the 12AX7A. The E813CC. Made in the
old Mullard factory, it is NOT just a clone. I suggest folks
buy the issue (you should subscribe anyway) and/or visit:

www.techtubevalves.com

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

*IF* what they say is real, it should be a very interesting
1st stage tube. I just sent a order today, and will report
ASAP. They are looking into other 12xxxx tubes, and into
6L6/KT66/KT88 designs. ALL made in the UK !!! Finally, we
see a REAL tube company making NEW tubes. NOT just some drunk
with rusting machines decades past being repaired, and no one who
wants to work with their owner(s). This ought to be fun.

They're having problems with the planar-type construction.

Brandon (Bludotone Amps) had four of 'em a month or so
ago and every one of 'em whistled like a teakettle, even
at low volume. They were supposedly going to send him
some replacements, but I forgot to ask him about it when
he was here picking up 10 quads of 6L6s for his Dumble
clones yesterday. He uses JJs in his front ends; I can't
stand 'em, but they seem to work great in the Dumble
circuits. So - fifty smackers plus for a tube you can only
use for a PI or a trem oscillator ain't gonna fly well, if you
ask me. If they get it right, it should be a kickass item.
They're claiming a 20,000-hour service life, too. I'd
like that. ;-)

Let's see what they can do with the 6L6.

Lord Valve
Expert (please obsess)

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
JJTj[_2_] JJTj[_2_] is offline

They're having problems with the planar-type construction.

Brandon (Bludotone Amps) had four of 'em a month or so
ago and every one of 'em whistled like a teakettle, even
at low volume. They were supposedly going to send him
some replacements, but I forgot to ask him about it when
he was here picking up 10 quads of 6L6s for his Dumble
clones yesterday. He uses JJs in his front ends; I can't
stand 'em, but they seem to work great in the Dumble
circuits. So - fifty smackers plus for a tube you can only
use for a PI or a trem oscillator ain't gonna fly well, if you
ask me. If they get it right, it should be a kickass item.
They're claiming a 20,000-hour service life, too. I'd
like that. ;-)

Let's see what they can do with the 6L6.

Lord Valve
Expert (please obsess)

Yes, after reading a bit, it seems they are NOT ready for
the guitar amp field. I ordered a few anyway. It's just
nice to see the Blackburn folks trying again, as so much tube
history comes from that area. I'm not crazy about JJ's in the
front ends either, but in some amps, folks do love them.

As far as 6L6 RCA style tubes go, I just doubt if we will ever
see them made in the USA. That old gear is just too rusted and
broken down to be worth fixing. I prefer KT66s anyway. hehe

Thanks to all for the feedback, I'll keep up on it once the tubes arrive.

JJTj

Well, my Baby's sick and I don't know what to do..
YES!, my Baby's sick and I don't know what to do..
She's got twist fever, and a double case of guitar blues.

Well, she twists on the highway, twisted in the swimming pool.
she twists on the highway, twisted in the swimming pool.
She twist's her breakfast..twist right off to school.

WELL, Twist on, Baby..twist me one time more..
YEASH!, Twist on, Baby..twist me one time more..
Well, she can twist in the air, and twist right down to the floor.

She got Twist Fever...
She got Twist Fiev.r...
She got Twist Feel...
...OH..!.. Feverl.......yeah..and...

She got Twist Fever...and I just can't leave her alone. OY!

Well, I took her to a doctor..goina find out what to do..
YESS!, took her to a doctor..goina find out what to do..
Well, the Doctor couldn't fix her..cause her Doctor is a Twister too.

...well..but...

She got Twist Fever...and I just can't leave her alone.

...ohh...ohhh.ohhh..what?

She got Twist Feel
oh, She got Twist Fever
yes, got Twist Fever
OH...Feel..
we got Twist Fever
And I just can't leave her alone...

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote:

JJTj wrote:
[...]

recommend you not to use this release of TechTubeT valve
in this first valve position..."

The high sensitivity they seem to be touting is indeed sensitivity to
vibration. In the Old School microphony in tubes was considered to be a bad
thing. How twisted around things seem to have become!

$50 plus shipping and any other fees for a tube that
won't work right.

I'll stick with my REAL Mullards.

Hold that thought!

I did notice that they seem to be making quite a feature
of the microphony - even with a warning not to tap it. To
me this screams poor construction, with severe
cost-cutting in the manufacturing process. I wouldn't
touch this with a ten foot pole.

If you look at the pictures you can see the game plan and the reason for all
the microphony.

The tube appears to be assembled from CRT gun parts. Instead of being
sensibly located by mica end plates, everything seems to be hanging loose.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Tom Schlangen[_2_] Tom Schlangen[_2_] is offline

"A REAL tube company [...]"

Hey, didn't you read this:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...dministration/

Regards, sad Tom

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
TD Madden TD Madden is offline

JJTj wrote:
Just got the new AudioXpress showing in good detail the new
preamp replacement for the 12AX7A. The E813CC. Made in the
old Mullard factory, it is NOT just a clone. I suggest folks
buy the issue (you should subscribe anyway) and/or visit:

www.techtubevalves.com

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

*IF* what they say is real, it should be a very interesting
1st stage tube. I just sent a order today, and will report
ASAP. They are looking into other 12xxxx tubes, and into
6L6/KT66/KT88 designs. ALL made in the UK !!! Finally, we
see a REAL tube company making NEW tubes. NOT just some drunk
with rusting machines decades past being repaired, and no one who
wants to work with their owner(s). This ought to be fun.

JJTj

coming very soon

www.violentluck.com

Think they are already going into receivership..too bad, too, as they
seemd to have solved the problems they had with microphonics.
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

JJTj wrote:
Just got the new AudioXpress showing in good detail the new
preamp replacement for the 12AX7A. The E813CC. Made in the
old Mullard factory, it is NOT just a clone. I suggest folks
buy the issue (you should subscribe anyway) and/or visit:

www.techtubevalves.com

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

*IF* what they say is real, it should be a very interesting
1st stage tube. I just sent a order today, and will report
ASAP. They are looking into other 12xxxx tubes, and into
6L6/KT66/KT88 designs. ALL made in the UK !!! Finally, we
see a REAL tube company making NEW tubes. NOT just some drunk
with rusting machines decades past being repaired, and no one who
wants to work with their owner(s). This ought to be fun.

JJTj

coming very soon

www.violentluck.com

Er, you did know they have gone into liquidation? I have seen the
catalogue of their stuff up for auction.

Cheers

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
White Spirit White Spirit is offline

TD Madden wrote:

Think they are already going into receivership..too bad, too, as they
seemd to have solved the problems they had with microphonics.

Hope not. It's a shame the Government couldn't have bailed them out
instead of irresponsible banks

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Phil_S Phil_S is offline

"Ian Bell" wrote in message
JJTj wrote:
[...]

The Tube Tech website is not identified with a company in Denmark.

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Phil_S Phil_S is offline

"Phil_S" wrote in message

"Ian Bell" wrote in message
JJTj wrote:
[...]

Uh, Ok, change "not" to "now".

Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
WB WB is offline

JJTj wrote:

GREAT tube info, even the magazine has AWESOME pictures.

Here are the highlights :

Superior listening experience
Improved life performance
Planar valve design
Unbeatable sound reproduction
CRT cathode proven technology
6.3V driving voltage
B9A pin base
Suberb sound development

3 of the 8 bullets are essentially the same statement.
$45 for a 12ax7 ...sure ... great idea. Why not.
I mean .. the home audio girls love this kind of stuff.
Posted to alt.guitar.amps,alt.guitar,rec.audio.tubes
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Nov 17, 2:01*pm, Lord Valve wrote:
JJTj wrote:
[...]

Years ago one of the then big boutique companies tried using the 7077
planar triode as a first stage in a high gain D-style guitar amp. It
worked OK but the price was prohibitive. There was a Russian
functional equivalent that was played with as well but once the
factory got wind that it was being looked at for a high dollar guitar
amp they decided not to dump the supply for the tiny sum promised at
first but to hold out for a semi-sustainable price. The company lost
interest pretty quickly.