Roger

Default Sound card for recording music

Can someone tell me a sound card that might be good for recording live
singing, and guitar playing?

;something that I could use cakewalk or sonar software to record and mix
for playing back.

Also, what type of specs would I look for on a sound card to see if you
can run two or more lines into it to record two or more voices or
instrument?

Roger

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

The onboard audio of your motherboard will do, for most amateur purposes.I
have converted plenty of cassetes to cds with the line in of the ac-97
audio.You can also use 2 stereo micros to record live music (with the mic
input of your mobo).All this provided you have a state-of-the-art computer
(don't think of P4 extreme edition and over $2000;mine cost 700 euro and is
one of the best you can get today).
Celeron 2,4 GHz
QDI P4 848P
Geforce 4 Mx440 agp 8 x 64 MB DDR pixelview
Hitachi 80 gb deskstar
Miro 17" CRT
Case braintrust 300w
cd-rom lg 52x
cd-rw teac 52-12-52
floppy
windows 2000 pro
office xp
lexmark inkjet z605
modem 56k v92 zoom
256 mb ddr
keyboard black maxball
mouse black maxball both traditional
I can play doom 3 by only adding 256 mb more (50 euro)
The game itself costs here 50 euro
I can record from the tape deck and simultaneously surf the web
My vendor told me less would be insufficient and more a terrible waste.

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
major in electrical engineering
Can someone tell me a sound card that might be good for recording live
singing, and guitar playing?

;something that I could use cakewalk or sonar software to record and mix
for playing back.

Also, what type of specs would I look for on a sound card to see if you
can run two or more lines into it to record two or more voices or
instrument?

Roger

Newbe question: pitch and octave frequency ratio? Geoff Wood Tech 47 November 7th 04 08:12 AM
cable for amp and sound card LPW Tech 24 January 16th 04 09:17 AM
Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something) Bob Marcus High End Audio 313 September 9th 03 01:17 AM