Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,sci.electronics.components
Mike Deblis

Default Perreaux "house named" components...

Hi,

I'm tying to identify some PNP/NPN transistors in an old (c. 1985) Perreaux
amplifier. The manual and schematic only refers to them as "pslp" and
"psln" - other active components all have their proper p/nos. The amp is a
rather lovely PMF 2150B - a classic of its time and worth restoring.

perreaux are not being helpful on this.

Many thanks

Mike

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,sci.electronics.components
Tim Shoppa

The manual and schematic only refers to them as "pslp" and
"psln"

I'd hazard a guess that the first is a generic small-signal PNP
transistor and the second is a generic small-signal NPN transistor. Are
the output transistors labeled "pslp" and "psln" too?

And what do the actual transistors say on them?

Tim.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chuck

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:42:42 -0000, "Mike Deblis"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm tying to identify some PNP/NPN transistors in an old (c. 1985) Perreaux
amplifier. The manual and schematic only refers to them as "pslp" and
"psln" - other active components all have their proper p/nos. The amp is a
rather lovely PMF 2150B - a classic of its time and worth restoring.

perreaux are not being helpful on this.

Many thanks

Mike

I can't remember what those transistors are, but I do remember that
the 2150B would sometimes put out severe popping noises after running
fine for days. The culprit in this case were the small signal diodes
on the power amp board. If you are experiencing a noise problem,
thats where I'd look first. Chuck
Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc,sci.electronics.components
Puunda

I've always though the Perreaux's were a MOSFET amp. Well I know all the
current ones are, pre and power. I've I thought they always were - they
advertise that fact all the time, saying they've been making mosfet amps for
over 25 years so they are experts etc etc.

Puunda