Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Newsguy

Default Old School: Wiring Amphenol MC3M to Male XLR

Hi there. Here's a question for the "veterans" in this newgroup. I have an
old Shure 55s microphone (the Elvis type). This microphone uses an old
school version of a modern XLR connector known as an Amphenol MC3M. This is
a three pin arrangement (pin 1, pin 2, pin 3).

Now, I have a brand new old-stock Amphenol MC3M connector, a brand new
modern male XLR connector, and a length of mic cable. I want to put it all
together and make a functional mic cable. Do I simply go pin 1 XLR to pin 1
Amphenol, pin 2 to pin 2, and pin 3 to pin 3?

I have tried to locate this information through Google, but I cannot find
anything that shows a proper diagram. As a sidenote, this 55s mic has a
three way impedence switch (L-M-H), and I am not sure if that factors into
the way the cable would be soldered up.

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Darren