jottery

Default Midi with Layla

Simple question. Hope someone has the time to help.
Using a Layla20 with a Midi keyboard connected to Midi in.
Can I route the midi in signal to the Digital output of the Layla20?
(this allows me to get an extra Analogue track on the Layla)
Just need to know if this is possible.

Cheers
james of tucson

On 2005-01-21, jottery wrote:

Simple question. Hope someone has the time to help.
Using a Layla20 with a Midi keyboard connected to Midi in.
Can I route the midi in signal to the Digital output of the Layla20?
(this allows me to get an extra Analogue track on the Layla)

I'm trying to make sense out of your question.
I think you left out a detail. What would you be routing to digital
out? The MIDI device has nothing to do with the converters or the
digital output.
jottery

On 2005-01-21, jottery wrote:

Simple question. Hope someone has the time to help.
Using a Layla20 with a Midi keyboard connected to Midi in.
Can I route the midi in signal to the Digital output of the Layla20?
(this allows me to get an extra Analogue track on the Layla)

I'm trying to make sense out of your question.
I think you left out a detail. What would you be routing to digital
out? The MIDI device has nothing to do with the converters or the
digital output.

That's the answer to my question. I wanted to route the MIDI-In to the
digital out channel. Does that make sense? Looks like I'm out of luck.
Thanks a lot anyway.
james of tucson

On 2005-01-21, jottery wrote:

That's the answer to my question. I wanted to route the MIDI-In to the
digital out channel. Does that make sense?

No, but what really doesn't make sense is how it costs you an analog
channel otherwise.

Abyssmal

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:14:55 +1100, jottery
wrote:

Simple question. Hope someone has the time to help.
Using a Layla20 with a Midi keyboard connected to Midi in.
Can I route the midi in signal to the Digital output of the Layla20?
(this allows me to get an extra Analogue track on the Layla)
Just need to know if this is possible.

Cheers

You cannot route the midi signal directly to the digital out, but you
can assign the midi signal to a midi track, and assign the output of
that track to the digital output.
Randall

jottery

On 2005-01-21, jottery wrote:

That's the answer to my question. I wanted to route the MIDI-In to the
digital out channel. Does that make sense?

No, but what really doesn't make sense is how it costs you an analog
channel otherwise.

I have only 8 channels and I need 9. One of the inputs is a Midi
Keyboard so I thought I could connect it to the midi input of the Layla
(thus freeing up an analogue channel)
Thanks for you time and effort, I am just getting up the learning curve
on this and everything helps.
Jeff